The Cursed Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your best option is to take a pressure washer to your truck and wash all the current crap off. That will allow you to see where new oil is coming from.

That's what my plan was until I got into my truck and saw a huge puddle. Ripped the dash apart and found water in the computer, cleaned it off and started using the hose to find the leak and its the dang windshield. Gonna have it fixed. Pretty mad about it honestly becuse this guy who installed it does 5 windshields a day at least.

Pulled the dipstick today to check the oil and the oil started drilling off of it. Going to do an oil change here soon and see if it's just bad oil. If not then I'll check the head gasket. I'm hoping it's not the HG as I really don't have time to do it.

But the oil seems to be dripping out like it's water. Which has me worried

Well I'm pissed. My dream truck is for sale. 85 efi extended cab, no rust, original bed all stock. No lift or bigger tires, maybe aftermarket rims. And I have no money for it. I haven't looked at the price but I'll guess 5k easily.

*Usually* if your oil isn't milky or separated, you *shouldn't* have oil and water mixing. My guess would be its low viscosity oil that is at the end of its life - and should be changed with a toyota filter.

Every once and a while I find that dream truck... actually I find them all the time. Turns out I have ADD for cool rigs. Usually the rattier - read cheaper - the better.

I'm jealous of you Pappy, having CruiserDan as your parts guy.

Not really sure the inrest but is anyone interested in me uploading a 85 FSM? Just remembered I had a PDF of one in my chrome storage.

I thought it was already out there? Might do a search.

Couldn't find it in the FAQ, but in other enws I finally remounted my ECU. Its new home is in the glove box, away from all the water

Here's a picture of the computer in the glove box

IMG_20151123_115657931_HDR.jpg

Pulled the oil pan off the 22R that went and found this.

IMG_20151127_114924546_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151127_114929569.jpg

IMG_20151127_114951736.jpg

Well I should be installing A/C here soon. I'll be pulling the compressor from the 89 and the hoses and such from the 88

Got a new brake master cylinder installed. Went with a 1" from Marlin and my break pedal went from all the way to the flor to not moving at all. Not sure why yet but at least she still stops. Next on my list is order new U-joints from Marlin or the rear and possibly do A/C. Depending on my enegry level as I'll pull the whole dash out to make my life easier.

If you do decide to do AC, you should take the time and do a whole write up on it with lots of details and pics. Just sayin

I'm hoping to do it. But right now I've got our old Ford in the garage for brake work and to get it up and running again

Well I won't be getting to do A/C these next two weeks. I'm fixing up an 86 F250 with a 460 and it's going to take longer then expected; but i will get to it in the next month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom