Rattlecan Spray Paint - Made to order feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had some mixed by a local auto body supply shop. for my very very faded(and prolly repainted a few times) horizontal blue 45, I took a part in, they scanned it, put it in a rattle ran, I was very happy. Same with my orignal green 40, paint was original and in very good shape, took the kick vent off, they scanned it, put it in a rattle can.....again, very happy a almost perfect match.

My local paint shop has done amazing matches and rattle can can give a very good finish if the prep is good.............

APS Tower now sells 2K spray cans with hardener. Not cheap at $35 per but better than regular spray bombs.

So, who can match Rustoleum Sail Blue?(when I got the Cruiser and given my budget, that's the closest color I could get to the OEM)Rustoleum refuses to make this stuff in larger quantities-only available in small cans---I have the compressor(and can get the HVLP gun)--Can Tower match this stuff, do you think?

Check out 66autocolor.com. They sell the Aeromax 2k for $25 custom mixed. I'm going from a bad dune beige paint job (think great from 10 ft, but with overspray on the weather strips and the original Freeborn red interior). I had my local English Color paint supply shop mix me 8 cans of Omni MAE in 6H9 in the Fill-One 1k aerosol cans ($20 each). Great stuff for the engine bay and interior, but lots of orange peel on the fender I shot with it. The 1k cans from Fill-One came with standard tips. I swapped out a tip from a spare Plasti-Dip can I had and got a little better spray pattern.

I have a 60 gallon compressor, but in Texas even with a 3 stage filter, I get a lot of water and oil in my lines. The only reason I have the compressor is to finish the 40, so upgrading that stuff will cost more than the Aeromax. One thing to consider is the biggest things I will spray at one time are the hood and the top. It's like an adult erector set. Tubs have seams, everything else comes apart in manageable pieces.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448417902.448259.jpg

So, who can match Rustoleum Sail Blue?(when I got the Cruiser and given my budget, that's the closest color I could get to the OEM)Rustoleum refuses to make this stuff in larger quantities-only available in small cans---I have the compressor(and can get the HVLP gun)--Can Tower match this stuff, do you think?

Wow, that's a nice color. Looks just like the BMW color available only on certain year M3 coupes and very much sought after by those fanboys..

Any good auto paint store can match up any color. Thy scan the original into their gizmo, it gives them the tints and percentages, they mix on the spot, shake it up and you leave ready to go.

Anyway, have you checked Rustoleum's website? It's hard for me to think of Rustoleum not offering their colors in any available sizes, bt at least quart cans should be easy to order through a good retailer. Our local Ace hardware has been great when I come with my odd requests to order colors not on the store shelf so maybe you're just trying the wrong outlet.

Most HVLP guns need higher CFM than a lot of home compressors can produce and will not give as nice a result without enough air. With single stage enamels there's no reason that a non HVLP gun will not give excellent finishes when set up right, and not many of them need so much air volume to do it. There probably was no such thing as an HVLP system when your truck got its first coatings.

Sherwynn Williams will match colors and load them into spray cans or regular cans. Their automotive paint holds up very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom