Arizona Classifieds / For Sale / Wanted (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought all interior mirrors were black on the 100 series? Or did the doors mirrors dim and I just didn't notice it on my 2000?

Phil doesn't believe in them, his personal preference, has several on the shelf

Ill gladly take a regular mirror too. This thing is impossible to see from. One of the motivating factors for my rear led install.
z5FXXij.jpg

Need front driveshaft for fj60 with double Cardin joints. Let me know.

if you find out how to remove those, let me know - I couldn't find a way to get to them without disassembling the entire dash

I'm assuming you mean the ducts? the vents themselves pop right out

removing the dash is a process that helps to have a replacement/previously removed dash in-hand. if someone is willing I could supply some useful pictures to assist?

Defroster hoses for the 40..
Any other options from the expensive SOR product that dry rots within a year?
http://www.sor.com/cat186.sor

I thought you were the 68-73 heater/defrost hose range. Those are OEM and last more then a year. Probably been over twenty years since I bought new OEM defrost hoses for my 68. Haven't had to move them in many years but haven't noticed them rotting. They have held of better than the original ones. Because they were used after 3/69 OEM parts numbers should be pretty easy to find which allows you to shop around for the best price. Never found SOR to be the cheapest for OEM parts. If they are discontinued and SOR still have them you either buy or go aftermarket. Could do a search for defrost hoses in the 40/55 tech section to see some members home brews. In the end it boils down to do you just want it work and not care what it looks like or you want to keep the original. Have a small case of OCD and always seem to spend the money and go OEM.

Last ones I bought from SOR, the elbows rotted within a year. Who knows, they could have been OEM and possibly an early 70's manufacture and sitting on a shelf since then, or the fact that I ran topless most of the time could have something to do with it.

or the fact that I ran topless most of the time could have something to do with it.

If they had direct sun (UV) that probably did have a lot to do with it. I think I would be looking for aluminum flex hose from a bathroom exhaust fan. Figure a way to made it work and call it good. Buying OEM would be a waste of money if your not protecting from the desert sun. How does your padded dash look? My cruiser was a little over six years when I bought it the dash was covered with carpeting and the vinyl underneath was toast. Bought it in Flagstaff but it came from Phoenix. Took a few years ( was living in Phoenix by then) to find one with just a couple of small cracks. Pretty much in the same shape today. I'm a firm believer it's the UV more then heat that destroys the interior of vehicles here.

How does your padded dash look? My cruiser was a little over six years when I bought it the dash was covered with carpeting and the vinyl underneath was toast.

Exactly, marine carpet. Couldn't have described it better.
Although, the lower dash pad vinyl is still intact, little dry looking, but no cracks.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

I have two 6 lug sequoia or tundra wheels. 17x7.5 w center caps. $75ea

I had Discount tire put them on the balance machine and neither needed more than 1/2oz or 3/4oz. and were both round. They fit 80 series well. See pics for minor nicks and scratches.

The heater end needs to be oval so heat the pic and form to fit.

That's started with the 74 model (9/73?) before that they were round. Those post 73 model can also be found used easier. First few after the chance the hoses were rubber with a steel wire. Around 78 they were molded out Plastic/PVC type material. Those survived better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom