What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DAMN! You just cost me $25...... at AutomotiveTouchup. :)

-G

LOL pleased I could help you part with your cash! :D

Couple of tips for those of you wanting to do this ....

You may see what looks like pitting in your freshly clear coated paint AFTER you have hit it with the 1500 grit sandpaper ... don't worry, as soon as you start using the orbital it will disappear as seen here:

And second, if you get any overspray on the rest of your truck Goo-gone will take right off :cheers:

Almost done with the rear base bumper. Hope to get everything welded out and the arms finished this weekend.

Main shell and quarter wings are 3/16" and 1/4" plate, frame and wing mounts are 3/8" and recovery rings are 1/2" with 3/16" DOM sleeves.

Still need to cut and weld the bottom edge material. Add the hammock pole insert sleeves.

All in all... from scratch... not bad for less than 7 hours of work on the build.

J

IMG_20160922_134745355.jpg
IMG_20160922_134754340.jpg
IMG_20160922_134802187.jpg
IMG_20160922_134819014.jpg
IMG_20160922_134832638.jpg

Almost done with the rear base bumper. Hope to get everything welded out and the arms finished this weekend.

Main shell and quarter wings are 3/16" and 1/4" plate, frame and wing mounts are 3/8" and recovery rings are 1/2" with 3/16" DOM sleeves.

Still need to cut and weld the bottom edge material. Add the hammock pole insert sleeves.

All in all... from scratch... not bad for less than 7 hours of work on the build.

J

View attachment 1325769 View attachment 1325770 View attachment 1325771 View attachment 1325772 View attachment 1325773

Awesome job! And only 7 hours??? Wow

7 hours - it would have taken me 7 months to get that far!
Nicely done!

de-bling'd my front grille.
  • swapped out the L for a TEQ badge from b3hd

IMG_20160922_082723.jpg

Masked and coated with Anthracite gray plastidip- 5 coats of dip and two coats of glossifier
IMG_20160922_093629.jpg
IMG_20160922_111548.jpg
IMG_20160922_111552.jpg

next step is to de-bling the rear hatch: emblem removal and plastidip the chrome trim around the license plate. and dip the wheels the same color, but i gotta wait until i get new meats before i do that.

Was able to fix my subwoofer, extremely easy and very rewarding. Bought the refoaming kit and took out the subwoofer, of course it was torn, the whole process was quick but just waiting around for the glue to dry took long.

Me next! I'll even give you 2 weeks-- it will be a cake walk! ;)

bought my LC a sister... an 07 LX470. Love the new truck...just need to do something about the F@($ Air freshener/ perfume they sprayed throughout the car. #$%*& I hate that crap... I swear, its even in the vents. Problem is, when I first drove it, it smelled fine. I think its SOP to do it when they detail it before delivery. Any tips for getting the smell out?
IMG_5472.JPG
IMG_5474.JPG

spray vinegar and salt all over the carpets. let dry for two days, then vacuum. Use a whole spray bottle filled with vinegar and about 3 tablespoons of salt. Your carpet might come up a little cleaner also. Beware the douche comments though.

I got a handle on techstream if anyone needs help. I got that going today after 3 hours with an xp 32bit throw away.
Installed all new speakers and painted a crummy wiper delete plug, That I think is garbage. I'm going to fix it. I know it looks like sh!t. I'm waiting on two other plugs to check out in the mail.
The wiper hole is 26.5mm, probably 27mm
IMG_20160923_192715.jpg
without paint.
techstream is easier than the internet makes it out to be once you understand it.
replace all your speakers. Even if they look good, it;s cheap anyway.
10 year old galactic is way more faded than it ought to be.
This is paintscratch. I'm going to try the other cheaper one. next.
My wiper was broke so I'm just dealing with it.

IMG_20160916_090525.jpg
IMG_20160923_192250.jpg

bought my LC a sister... an 07 LX470. Love the new truck...just need to do something about the F@($ Air freshener/ perfume they sprayed throughout the car. #$%*& I hate that crap... I swear, its even in the vents. Problem is, when I first drove it, it smelled fine. I think its SOP to do it when they detail it before delivery. Any tips for getting the smell out?View attachment 1326322View attachment 1326323

Yah, my new to me gx470 smells like a brothel. Need to douche her out.

bought my LC a sister... an 07 LX470. Love the new truck...just need to do something about the F@($ Air freshener/ perfume they sprayed throughout the car. #$%*& I hate that crap... I swear, its even in the vents. Problem is, when I first drove it, it smelled fine. I think its SOP to do it when they detail it before delivery. Any tips for getting the smell out?View attachment 1326322View attachment 1326323

spray vinegar and salt all over the carpets. let dry for two days, then vacuum. Use a whole spray bottle filled with vinegar and about 3 tablespoons of salt. Your carpet might come up a little cleaner also. Beware the douche comments though.
The vinegar is a great idea! I used to use a similar concoction to get rid of mildew/mold smells back when I used to be a detailer. I also just suggest giving it a good detail. Shampoo/vacuum the carpets, wipe down all interior surfaces, replace your cabin air filters, and I'm sure the smell will come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom