Events/Trails 200s in Ouray Summer 2016 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmm... Sounds nice. Got info on that? I booked this mainly because it seemed rooms were getting scarce. I can cancel right up until the day before, so would love to hear suggestions...especially if y'all have been before. Kinda shootin in the dark at this point...
I've never stayed in these cabins before but they look pretty nice and they are cheap:)
Cabins & Sites – Ouray RV Park & Cabins

Hi guys, we have an 09 Cruiser and lurker in this forum for a while. wifey and I will be in Ouray on Friday trough Sunday on our way back to Seattle from Santa Fe. We were wondering if we could join you guys on Saturday trip on either group if there still a spot.

I always stay at the Hot Springs Inn on the river. Very nice- but not so cheap. Huge rooms. Very Clean. Comfy beds.

Booked! Looks like we'll be neighbors!

Also, I'm in +3 (previously said +1). I'll be bringing my wife and 2 of our kids (6-almost 7, going on 15 it seems-year old girl and 5 year old boy).

Booked! Looks like we'll be neighbors!

Also, I'm in +3 (previously said +1). I'll be bringing my wife and 2 of our kids (6-almost 7, going on 15 it seems-year old girl and 5 year old boy).
Cool. My 11 yr girl is starting to pull the 15 stuff- so I'm sure they will get along. :)

I wonder if all will be melted by August-

Finally have time to start thinking about this trip. We would like to do Group 2 on Friday , group 2 on Saturday and group 1 on Sunday.

I image Black Bear will be pretty busy on Saturday. Plan on a long day.

I use this one and use the Fire Stik II. Easily tunable but you can use mag mount etc- as long as you tune with SWR meter.
I just picked up a firestik II 5ft as well. Thinking about mounting it on my ARB bull bar passenger side. Where are you guys routing the antenna wire? I could have sworn I have seen a 200 build thread with a CB install.

I just picked up a firestik II 5ft as well. Thinking about mounting it on my ARB bull bar passenger side. Where are you guys routing the antenna wire? I could have sworn I have seen a 200 build thread with a CB install.
That is where I put my antenna. Just route it around and through firewall. I chose the driver side firewall- depends on mounting location I guess.

See "Project 200" on the Austrailan Images website- fellow mudder. Shows how to take dash or other areas apart also.

For all those just putting in or already put in CB- don't forget you have to use an SWR meter to tune your antenna. They are not pre-tuned. You can burn up your radio if you don't and will not have a good signal across all bands. YouTube is your friend here.

Excited for the trip!

Last edited:
That is where I put my antenna. Just route it around and through firewall. I chose the driver side firewall- depends on mounting location I guess.

See "Project 200" on the Austrailan Images website- fellow mudder. Shows how to take dash or other areas apart also.

For all those just putting in or already put in CB- don't forget you have to use an SWR meter to tune your antenna. They are not pre-tuned. You can burn up your radio if you don't and will not have a good signal across all bands. YouTube is your friend here.

Excited for the trip!

Good advice, @BTUMAN - I just received my CB from Amazon and found an SWR meter that looks like it will do the job - $20!

Also, fun update for pictures and video on this upcoming adventure - my DJI Phantom 4 drone will be here today! I should be able to get some truly amazing shots of our group on this adventure.

Important update to post #1 regarding our schedule upon arrival on Thursday Aug 4 and Friday night activities. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also if you haven't confirmed yet please let me know asap.

Holly crap that is going to be awesome.

I think I will (not me, really, the drone) be able to follow a convoy of 200's from the steps down the switchbacks of Black Bear Pass. Plus all the other great photo/video ops. It should be pretty epic. That little clip was my first clumsy attempt at using "active track" on the Phantom 4 - where you give it a subject to follow and it simply follows it. You can follow in front, behind, or rotate around the subject!

keep figuring it out man - that is going to be really great!

We need for Moab too...who's has one that is also going there? Santa may need to bring me one.

@Canyonero is it 60fps and 4K or what are they up to now?

Hi guys, we have an 09 Cruiser and lurker in this forum for a while. wifey and I will be in Ouray on Friday trough Sunday on our way back to Seattle from Santa Fe. We were wondering if we could join you guys on Saturday trip on either group if there still a spot.
Yes you have been added!

Post #1 updated with the new confirmed list. If I didn't hear from you then you have been relegated to the maybe list...

Thank you codyaustin5, appreciate that. We're leaving Santa Fe early Friday morning, can't wait to meet all of you guys on Friday night :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom