Wheel bearing opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know Koyo bearings (wheel bearings specifically) are the holy grail of bearings, but how are KS bearings (made in India) compare? Just curious about opinions based on experience. Thanks for your time.

JP

just get a kit from kurt at cruiser outfitters, cant go wrong that way.

Kurt is out of stock for a couple of weeks. Thats why I ask.

I'd wait a couple weeks then.

KOYO where ever you can find them.

Timken on Amazon - can't go wrong, good prices, fast shipping. I just returned mine yesterday because when I dove into my front end the bearings I had looked and sounded great.

So does that mean that no one has a hands on experience with KS bearings? Just wondering about actual hands on dealings comparing the 2 sets.

I like timken and or Koyo.

I think napa normally carries one of the two or both.

I do have Koyo in stock ready to ship if you need a set, PM me :)

Timkin and Koyo were both original equipment. Both are excellent. Never heard of KS bearings, but that would be a crap shoot for sure. They might be great, or they might be made from recycled chain link fence. No way to know.

I've used a lot of Timkins personally, with no issues over many years, and recently got a set of Koyos from Kurt(I must have gotten the ones you wanted!). I also believe the "Terrain Tamer" kits from @beno , and @orangefj45 contain Koyo bearings, and they have them in stock now.

Kurt is only 15 miles from me so I'll get the whole kit from him. In my search I've seen a bunch of different bearings and this one was supplied with the man a fre kits. Just wondering if anyone had used them is all.

Last edited:
i cant imagine anyone on this forum has willingly put anything other than koyo or timken in their trucks. order from @ranma21 he is graet to deal with and usually unbeatable prices.

I've never used or even seen bearings from India but my guess is that they would be a few steps down in quality compared to KOYO or Timken. What do they cost compared to KOYO?

There are options from SAECO & SKF as well out there in bearing land.
These wheel bearings are nothing special, just standard tapered roller bearings.
I would purchase from the above manufacturers and Timkin or Koyo before going to an Indian or Chinese bearing though.

I got Timkin from Kurt at cruiser outfitters. Many miles, no issues. Koyo is supposedly the bestest, but the Timkins were $20 cheaper and have been flawless.

Koyo bought the wheel bearing business from Timken somewhat recently...

Both were oem suppliers to Toyota and most other major auto maker's

Do not skimp on bearings! As others have said...Timken or Koyo, there's really no other option worth considering.

I just take whatever my local parts guy has on the shelf and I don't lose any sleep over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom