OE for wheel bearing seals? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know who makes the wheel bearing seals for Toyota?

I am trying to find something aftermarket and what I just bought at O’Reilly’s doesn’t fit as expected.

So far, none of the brands that I see are recognizable to me. Other than hoping NAPA’s brand is good quality.

Last edited:
Why would you go aftermarket?
Only because it’s Sunday and I’m stuck. Hopefully the Southeast Toyota dealers actually have this readily available. Looking online, the front inner axle seal is only used in the 80 and an early pickup.

That makes sense, using anything besides OEM on this is a proven you lose situation and will be doing it again soon. Good luck.

That makes sense, using anything besides OEM on this is a proven you lose situation and will be doing it again soon. Good luck.
Yeah, I was hoping to get something that would at least fit to get me going and then change it. It doesn't take too long to get the hub removed.

Best case I was hoping to find out that some Japanese manufacturer made the seal and I would find it at NAPA. Cruiser Teq's site says NOK is the original supplier but I can't even get Timken seals locally, much less NOK.

Thanks, I will check them out. It would be nice if some of these local dealers in the US had real time inventory reporting like partsouq.com. A lot of times I place an order only to find out they need 2 weeks to get it. I can get stuff from partsouq out of the UAE delivered in just under a week.

Wait until tomorrow, call Cruiser Outfitters and have them send you what you need to do the job right. Nothing worse than a job ruined by crappy parts, where you lose time and effort over a couple of bucks when you have to do it all over again.

It's always prudent to have spare consumable parts like seals and gaskets on hand prior to starting any maintenance. The cost of such parts is a drop in the bucket as compared to the time, cost and inconvenience. You will always be able to use the parts now or in the future. Order 3 seals, use one now and two spares the next time the birfields need servicing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom