Pep boys MF1050 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With all the talk about the Pep Boys MF1050 compressor on the outfitting board I thought I would give it a try. Pic one is the way the 1050 comes, it has a funkey hose adapter, so I wanted to change it to a quick disconect fitting and later I plan to add a tank to the system. Pic 2 shows the peices I used. 1 quick disconect end, 2 1/8inx1/2in pipe peices 1 1/8in t fitting and 1/8 to 1/4 adapter and 1 1/4in pip peice. The next few pics show how they go together.

pic 1,2 &3
pic 1.jpg
pic 2.jpg
pic 3.jpg

Pic 10, 11 & 12 I added a leg to the bracket I made for stability and then mounted it to the fender with a rubber pad between the compressor and the bracket. After fitting everything under the hood one last tim I took it all out painted the bracket and hard wired the compressor.
pic 11.jpg
pic 13.jpg
pic 14.jpg

I have the same compressor. Good idea to set it up for standard air fittings. Are you going to make some sort of cover for it, so that it doesn't get too wet in a downpour? It looks pretty well protected, but rain can get anywhere.

Steve

I picked one of these up today for $59.99/$10.00 rebate at Pep Boys.
Good little unit so far!
I like where you mounted yours in the Cruiser :cool:
Danny

I'm surprised to see them back - they all but disappeared from the stores that used to carry them. Don't be confused by the MF1040 for 29.95 - it's not the same compressor.

I just did the same thing with my QuickAir.

I looked for the 1/8 to 1/4 "increaser" fitting everwhere... no luck. I did the same thing but know the hard cover I had for the thing wont fit. :eek:

Looks good! Good writeup

I can't believe that anything sold by Pepboys is worth a flip. Are you guys saying that this little compressor has proven to last more than a week? For that price I would like to mount them on all my landscape trucks so no more excuses to come back to the shop for flats. Great price.

Last edited:
They are a great little compressor, I have had no problems with mine. I added a 3 gallon air tank to it for faster fillups, but it will do the job fine by its self.

they used to be sold for $25 becasue no one bought them, after some wheelers finaly got some and saw they kicked ass the word got out and they were all sold out. so now there back to norm price most places

they used to be sold for $25 becasue no one bought them, after some wheelers finaly got some and saw they kicked ass the word got out and they were all sold out. so now there back to norm price most places

yep, got mine for $25, been great.

airs up smaller tires, 33's or so pretty well.

gotta be careful handling it after tho, cylinder head gets reeeaal hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom