wheeling Monday, 12/31??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

inkpot said:
IN!!!!!!!!

Beat me to it - Where & when?

You realize it is raining....

Time to h8 mud:)

Bulldog canyon? Something up 87? Or...
I have done Bulldog several times recently, and other than one small canyon, it is pretty boring. I was thinking farther north on 87 maybe. There is a lot of random trails up west of Rye that I have never tried. Or we could go farther north on 7 Springs rd from what we did the other day,up around west of the Tangle Creek ranger station. Altitude may be an issue if to-nites storm snows up that way. Any of those are starting to be a long drive to get there, especially if you plan on doing any celebrating tomorrow nite.

Yep, I've run enough bulldog and its short.

we can't go, the Blazer needs to go to jail tomorrow . . .

BLAMMO

7 springs or north on 87...
If it gets too late for me, I can turn and burn. No worries.
10 o'clock news/weather said there was pretty good rain, turned to snow, on both the east and west side of the northern part of the Mazatzal Wilderness area. That pretty much covers the far north end of 7 Springs and the northern part of Hwy 87 below Payson. I don't really feel like getting all cold and sloppy up there. Anyone got suggestions?

10 o'clock news/weather said there was pretty good rain, turned to snow, on both the east and west side of the northern part of the Mazatzal Wilderness area. That pretty much covers the far north end of 7 Springs and the northern part of Hwy 87 below Payson. I don't really feel like getting all cold and sloppy up there. Anyone got suggestions?

For a neat ride and good views, the 185x loop off of Sycamore is a good stand-in...or FR401 behind Cottonwood Camp up to Soldier Camp... or off of Four Peaks Road up to Mine Mountain Spring

I know you guys have done these many times, just saying...

jjgarci1 said:
Are you dissing a trail for not meeting height requirements?

Duration - I drove it in an hour and 20 minutes end to end.

Sounds like you have some experience with the local trail system...

While this may be true, my overall knowledge is no where near that of Kevin, Michael, John (Inkpot), Phil or others, and my local map collection is deficien:whoops:t. That said, we ran Walnut Canyon the other day and, until we got there, I didn't realize I had run it before:doh:. Not sure what I can pull off this late in the game...may just chill to welcome the New Year:meh:

Why not just go up FR401 to Soldier Camp - it's on the Tonto map... easy trail, easy to find...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom