Wheeling 12-30-2012 Kelvin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See you in the AM

The plan for now is to go in on Florence-Kelvin highway, possibly stick our nose into some of the trails that branch off northwards in the mountains, then get into the part of the desert that slopes northward and down to the Gila. We've done a little bit of that last Sunday, and want to check out another trail that goes to the river, loops back a bit, and comes out on Cochran road. I presume nothing will be too difficult, but you never know about washouts and ruts. None of us has been there, so, we'll see.

inkpot said:
Not me. I'm OUT.

I'm eating lunch right now, and Sam says, "we shoulda gone wheeling! I wanted to get up but YOU made me stay in bed!" There I go, spoiling his fun again....

Good sign though...

I'm eating lunch right now, and Sam says, "we shoulda gone wheeling! I wanted to get up but YOU made me stay in bed!" There I go, spoiling his fun again....

Good sign though...
Oh, shame on you! BAD DADDY!!:crybaby:

But wait a minute, it sounds like you ARE raising him right!!:clap:

There is a cool mine up there..

Been wanting to spend a couple of days to check the area out.

Just a mellow 2WD desert ride today to end the year, between Florence Kelvin Highway and the Gila. Checked out Cochran, found a cool Saguaro along the way, but couldn't find the ford. Then on to some of the roads on the BLM maps.

2WD because Claudia was driving my truck, and while she did put the t'case in 4WD, she didn't lock the hubs :).

Thanks to everyone riding with us this past week, it was a lot of fun. We wish everyone a Happy New Year. :)

DSC_5938.jpg

DSC_5963.jpg

DSC_5983.jpg

2WD because Claudia was driving my truck, and while she did put the t'case in 4WD, she didn't lock the hubs :).

:doh:

I usually lock them when I air down - which I didn't get to do today ;p

it's not like it was needed :meh:

so, about that Blazer . . .

. . . coming back from Superior, going up a hill at 70 . . .

KABOOM :eek:

DSRTRDR said:
so, about that Blazer . . .

. . . coming back from Superior, going up a hill at 70 . . .

KABOOM :eek:

KABOOM? Tell me more...

the alternator belt grenaded and wrapped itself around the fan pulley :doh:

spare belt installed and rolling again just before the rain started :grinpimp: :steer:

and the rest of the story??.........

Kevin was like "... it's not enough that she's mangling the '40, now she's starting to mangle Michael's truck..." :eek:

those belts weren't that old, well, they weren't installed that long ago, who knows how long they rode shot gun in the back of your blazer.

those belts weren't that old, well, they weren't installed that long ago, who knows how long they rode shot gun in the back of your blazer.
I know :). I got them before I went to my first Blazer Bash in 2002 :eek:

Maybe I ought to get new ones. Actually, I had thought I did, the other day (T-day weekend); Autozone on Broadway: all belts for an '85, with A/C, w/o hydro; no problem. Dude came back with a package, I was in a hurry and didn't look. Turns out I'm now the proud owner of a serpentine belt :)

and now they blame even dry rot on me :rolleyes:

Well you can mangle anything... ;)

It was a great week running with you guys! Hope you have a Happy New Year and safe flight home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom