Expo run in the Globe area 12.22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With God as my co-pilot and Sam the wonder dog at my side I headed out to find my piece of Tonto National Forest for a near future camp out. I wanted a remote, under 3000', clean, quiet, and beautiful area that required 4WD to get there. O'yea I want to take my trailer.

The path - 100 miles of Hwy, 16 miles of good but heavy washboard 2WD dirt road, 2 miles of I think we may need 4WD, and 4 miles of I love the new low range transfer case. I will take my trailer in but it will require attention on the way out.

It was everything I wanted so Sammy and I stayed for the sunset.
thumb.gif

:santa:

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

This find was made possible by my new GPS set up and the Tonto NF Globe district

I'm running a netbook using Xport to run multi mapping software. I now have USGS seemless topos for Arizona (thanks Murf!) All other maps but USGS showed the area in wilderness:frown: The USGS shows this little area good.:hmm: I made a call to my new friend:cool: at the Globe district and he said I was good but wanted know if I had a 4WD because I would need it...I told him I had a snorkel:flipoff2: Friend for life:D

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

What is this thing? It was hidden in the bushes. Welded and concreted in the ground, faded non readable yellow sign hanging in the middle with a cage around it? Could it have something to do with the wilderness?

No off-road traffic to deal with:cool:
Dirt starts at 5000' drops to 2800'

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

I believe that is the next series of the Mayan calendar. Had you not found this the world would have ended on the 21st. Nice work.

Pretty sure that is a locator beacon for UFOs. Shows them where to drop off the zombies.

Pretty sure that is a locator beacon for UFOs. Shows them where to drop off the zombies.

It's a zombie sign, that's why it's in a cage.:idea:

Geocache reference marker? Never seen one like it, but the fact that it's reflective could also mean that it's a range stake, so be careful!

I think those markers use to say "Snorkels Are Gay". The pioneers use to try and put snorkels on their horses. They claimed they could do deeper river crossings while pulling a wagon. I remember learning about this in AZ history class many years ago. That sad thing is political correctness has changed the history books and our kids will not learn the truth about history and snorkels.

I think those markers use to say "Snorkels Are Gay". The pioneers use to try and put snorkels on their horses. They claimed they could do deeper river crossings while pulling a wagon. I remember learning about this in AZ history class many years ago. That sad thing is political correctness has changed the history books and our kids will not learn the truth about history and snorkels.

Yea, thanks for that!!::idea: I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard!!:whoops:

wow, those are some unique ideas :lol:

Phil, I am glad to hear youre using the mapping software for good and not evil ~ and enjoying it...

Being able to find a prime spot from your computer, calling the local ranger to confirm locked gates/access, then zero in wth the vehicle is so 2013 :cool:

It looks like a nice remote beach spot with great camping capabilities. Any firewood in the area for pickin'? Looks like some will need to be brought in for any kind of campfire. I dont there are any fire restrictions currently?

Were you near the Indian reservation boundary? I was surprised where I found boundary signs out in bfe...

I think that we have camped and Javelina hunted there a few times. Isn't there a plane runway there? I think you can see it in your pictures. I will see if I can find some pictures.

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom