Sunday 8/28 run in Tucson??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
I'm down for a sunday run. Anybody in?????
importsilvia? ripleykantoo? shonuff? sonoranfun? tfdcruiser? yotanut? geoross?

c'mon fellas!!! I know Chiva, Agua Caliente hill, Charloleau gap. I could lead on those and I am more than willing to follow on something else.
How about a run thru Reddington road to San Manuel, over to Oracle and up the back side of Mt. Lemmon and down the front. Not really difficult but a beautiful run that would take most of the day.

I will check back here on Saturday, or you can call me at home (520)207-2294
:cheers: :bounce2:

I would love to go do charleou gap but I'll be studying make that cramming for my paramedic exams on monday. I 'll have Sept. 13,14 and 16th off and plan to go do it sometime then. Let me know if you're available to lead or if anyone else is interested. I've never gone all the way through the gap only up to that slick rock area with the big ass rock wall people play on, it was then I realized that I never had power steering and my brake line were hooked up backwards. At any rate I really want to do that run again. Let me know.

tfdcruiser said:
I would love to go do charleou gap but I'll be studying make that cramming for my paramedic exams on monday. I 'll have Sept. 13,14 and 16th off and plan to go do it sometime then. Let me know if you're available to lead or if anyone else is interested. I've never gone all the way through the gap only up to that slick rock area with the big ass rock wall people play on, it was then I realized that I never had power steering and my brake line were hooked up backwards. At any rate I really want to do that run again. Let me know.
I'm open on the 13th. I would rather go somewhere other than Charleou or Chiva. But I'd go anyway. It's better than staying home.

Yeah I'm interested. I think it's time to meet some of you guys. I will have to take the Tacoma. Any trail is fine.
-Duane

I dont know when the last time you have went through the back side of Mt. Lemmon, But I went up the back way from San Manuel, (used to live there) and though it is a nice ride, Everything Is all burned up from the last fire. This would be the back road the takes you to the Oracle Ridge Mine.
I did this run less than 2 months ago.
There has been a lot of rain, and I have also been up a trail behind Mammoth, which takes you up on top of the mountain wheres there used to be lot of old large houses rich people lived in, and theres a small stream with a very nice waterfall and a little pond that you can have lunch at.
I dont know how to get there, but maybe someone else does,
Just a suggestion for the area around.
-Ron

I'm up for it, jst let me know when . I did the control road behind Lemmon two weeks ago and the green stuff was growing back real nice again. Pulled minivan out of wash from North Carlina and was surprised they made it that far. I'll call you...

Sounds like a goodtime guys. I would love to go, but I don't think I would be in any shape to make this run, plus the drive to Tucson and back. Maddbaggins, I really am going to make it down there a few weekends this fall & winter to do some runs with you. I have heard so much about wheeling down there, and I have never had the opportunity to do it. Now I do with you down there. If something should change in the next 24hrs. don't be surprised to see me or to get a phone call. I have been known to do things at the spur of the moment, especially when tequila is involved (ie driving to mexico to get another bottle and to do shots at my buddies bar while I was there). :doh:
So Tucson is much closer then Puerto Penasco...

D :beer:

Can't do an all day tour, but I could probably get in a few hours. I live at Columbus and Ft Lowel so pretty much all the runs are the saem distance from me. Oh, and earlier is better than later.

Hey, dial up! Somebody's gotta do it!. But I only just got on the pooter right now. I think my mother-in-law has been yackin her trap all morning. She lives with us. Keep trying, I'll be here all day.
Agua Caleinte hill or Chiva would both be reasonably short trips.
Do you guys just wanna meet at the Circle K on far east Tanque Verde? 9am? Or call me :cheers:

Big D, if I see you down here tomorrow I'll buy you some aspirin!

MaddBaggins said:
Big D, if I see you down here tomorrow I'll buy you some aspirin!
Thanks, but I don't think that will help me, perhaps the sharpest tooth and the longest hair of the dog that bit me! :grinpimp:

You never know.

D

Well, I'm a lazy offroader.... If it's early far or hot I'm not interested:) I do wanna get out and have some fun but in all honesty the 1965 is my beater cruiser and it's laid up waiting on the locker, lift, axels, brakes and radiator so it's going to be out of commission for the next month I would guess. I will for sure make it to the next night meeting though so keep me posted on that.. Oh and post pictures so I can have fun through you guys..

hey sho nuff if you are fixed up by the thirteenth I'd like to go wheel. I haven't done chimney rock if you don't want to do charleou. I will be just getting off of work in the morning around 7:00 and I could meet as soon as 8:00 if need be. I'm pretty sure I've seen your rig around town, I drive a yellow 74 fj40. Let me know or if any one else is interested or has another destination posibility.

ripleykantoo said:
Thats funny I called earlier and they said you were getting your beauty nap in.

I don't need beauty sleep. I'm one sexy beehatch :grinpimp:

OK Kyle and I are going to meet up at Circle K 11271 East Tanque Verde at 9am. Kyle hasn't been to Chiva so that's the plan right now. I'll have my 3yr old daughter along. Bring drinks and snacks, it'll be about a 4 hour trip depending on how much we play. Will prolly wait at Circle K for 1/2 hour to see who shows. My cell is 520-631-2062. later :bounce:

Last edited:
Fun trip! Kyle(ripleykantoo), Duane(yotanut) and his fiance Laura, James(importsilvia) and his daughter Tiffany all came out. That was a blast. Very pleased to meet all of you and can't wait to wheel again. We had 2 80's, 1 62 and 1 Taco.
The falls were still running and we had a good time taking pics and getting to know each other. All Zoe could talk about on the way home was Tiffany. James got after it a bit and left some rubber behing on a slippery v-notch, but of course its a Toyota so he got thru. I realized after throwing rocks all over the place that when I had my stereo installed the guys didn't re-connect my center diff switch. Took about 5 minutes to remedy that. Kyle put a little wrinkle in his factory running boards. And the Taco, well I don't believe the Taco had any trouble at all.
Here is a couple of pics :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom