My Expedtion Rig Build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
If you have been following my rig evolution in another thread, I want to document its total conversion as an expedition vehicle.

I am prepping my rig for a week long Expedition trip from Bogota to Puerto Carreño (border with Venezuela near the amazon), its a 1200km trip during rainy season, Its 100% off road. It starts on July 17, 2010. I will be posting tons of pics from my trip in the events section on mud. I will be updating this thread with pics constanly.

My plans include:
Rear bumper with dual swingout, a jerry can and tire swingout
new and improved dual battery setup
Rear storage system
Roof rack with RTT
Engle fridge and slide
Cargo area Roll cage
Viair Ultra duty Air system

Construction of Roof Rack to House Roof top tent

DSC09382.jpg

DSC09383.jpg

Beginning of Rear Bumper Build

DSC09384.jpg

DSC09386.jpg

DSC09388.jpg

DSC09389.jpg

DSC09390.jpg

24062010003.jpg

24062010004.jpg

DSC09391.jpg

DSC09392.jpg

DSC09393.jpg

Roll Cage Build (Before Pic)

DSC09387.jpg

DSC09394.jpg

DSC09395.jpg

DSC09396.jpg

DSC09397.jpg

DSC09398.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Florida!!

I`ll be watching your trip and waiting for pics! :D

I like a lot you rear bumper!! I hope see more pics of that bumper.

What color do you want to paint that rear bumper?

Saludos

Hey Florida!!

I`ll be watching your trip and waiting for pics! :D

I like a lot you rear bumper!! I hope see more pics of that bumper.

What color do you want to paint that rear bumper?

Saludos

Thanks Amigo,

I will be posting more pics when I get them this week. It should be finished this week.

I will be painting the bumper with electrostatic paint black in color.

cheers

Great thread.

Will follow this and the trip thread.

Mods look great, really liking the rear bumper. Interested in your rear storage solution.

Keep the photos coming!:)

Boghopper

Hey Boghopper welcome to MUD.. Thanks for the compliments. I will be tackling the rear storage system once I am finished with my rear bumper, it should be done by saturday. I will keep everyone updated..

Cheers

adding the custom made rear roll cage to my rear drawer solution. roll cage is to house the compressor setup. and my rear storage solution will house one drawer, one cubby, second battery and subwoofer setup. also finshed painting my roof rack.

DSC09413.jpg

DSC09414.jpg

DSC09416.jpg

DSC09417.jpg

NEXT UPDATE, dual battery setup, fridge and slide install, roof rack install, and rear bumper install.

Very nice rear bumper!!! The best I have seen.

Some New Updates today...

Rear Bumper Build

DSC09422.jpg

DSC09423.jpg

DSC09424.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

Roof Rack Install

DSC09427.jpg

DSC09439.jpg

Rear Storage Solution with Dual Battery Setup and Viair Compressor Setup

DSC09429.jpg

DSC09432.jpg

DSC09438.jpg

DSC09436.jpg

DSC09433.jpg

More updates to come on saturday when I should have the rear bumper finished.... Stay Tuned!!!

damn francisco the truck is looking good. i should get on mud more often. i dig the bumper. just think last time i saw that truck we were hauling mattresses through the streets of cartagena. it's come a long way in a short time. i like it.

Nice Project and Sweet Rig! ;)

Buena suerte en tu próximo viaje :steer:

:beer: :cheers:

Thanks for all the great comments. should have the new pics of my rear bumper setup.... and get ready for the link where I will be posting updates of my trip....

I usually am not a big fan of Prados but WOW yours is awesome. Truely a work of art, keep up the great work and keep the pics coming in

Yeah, thats looking sweet - good work dude...

What are the mounts that you've used for your roof rack? Have you made them from scratch or bought them? They look good.

Looking forward to the rest of the build :clap:

I know its long overdue but I would like to add some pics of my rig before her current reformation.. These are new pics of a recent trip to Colombia´s guajira in a rally race..

DSC09989.jpg

DSC09971.jpg

DSC09930.jpg

DSC09874.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

Que chulada de cruiser!!! looks awesome nice to see people still do there welding with a good old fashion lincoln stick welder i hope they used 7018 welding rods???? saludos desde san diego ca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom