Unnecessary underhood stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I'm going to remove my rear heater setup in an effort to simplify and hopefully eliminate potential issues. While I'm in there, what else can I remove in an effort to simplify?

Where can I find a diagram of the factory heater hose/cooling system setup?

here's all i could find on the engine side ...

Attachments

• descript.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 196
Thanks guys!

Depending on how strict your state and/or county is for safety inspection(if you even have one) there is plenty to remove. I have deleted rear heater, pair system, evap system(charcoal canister and solenoid), egr system, and fuel pressure solenoid.

I understand that the engineers did things for a reason but I think the less things that are under the hood, the less things to break

bsmart82; Can you describe how you removed the fuel pressure solenoid and evap system, advantages, disadvantages?

The evap system is very simple, it's just a charcoal canister and a vsv. I just removed both and tucked the vapor hose into the inner fender. I do occasionally have a faint fuel smell from the engine compartment after a drive, but doesn't bother me. My canister was clogged and causing tank pressure build up so I just removed it. The main advantage is free space and less parts to fail. The fuel pressure solenoid was removed mainly because I was already removing all the other vsvs between the intake manifold so I pulled it too. All it does is provide atmospheric pressure to the fuel pressure regulator during cranking for slightly higher fuel pressure. I have not noticed any adverse affects since removed. I simply used a short piece of vacuum hose and connected the regulator to the intake manifold vacuum nipple.

I guess I'll be the dummy here.

What's a VSV? What does it do? :meh:

Vacuum Switching Valve, it's an electrical valve to control vacuum flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom