Spoiler mounts- how to remove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was doing some work on my 94' yesterday and noticed a little rust around the PS base of the spoiler. Upon closer inspection the rust looked somewhat significant. I'm surprised as the rest of the truck is pretty immaculate, but these mounts seem like magnets for rust and the posts I've read back this up.

I took the spoiler off and removed the two screws and started to pull on the base, but it seems to be mounted with more than just the two screws up top. Does anyone know how to remove the spoiler mounts?

Next after this is the roof rack. Mine wiggles about 1/4". I'm not sure what that means in terms of what I'll find underneath the mounts, but it doesn't get me excited.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
I second this because I do not want to keep my spoiler either.

Don't forget that the spoiler is not for looks but it keeps the back window cleaner. It directs air from the roof of the truck downwards in order to protect from the dirty airflow from underneath the truck. If it rains in your area then keep it because you will not have to clean your window that often. It's made of aluminum so it's stronger than it seems.

Don't forget that the spoiler is not for looks but it keeps the back window cleaner. It directs air from the roof of the truck downwards in order to protect from the dirty airflow from underneath the truck. If it rains in your area then keep it because you will not have to clean your window that often. It's made of aluminum so it's stronger than it seems.

I always thought it was there to keep the all to light rear of the 80 panted to ground while running quarter miles. :lol:

I dont have one, and would not add one, however I dont think they look all that bad. And they do help the rear window from dirt and stuff.

I found rust on mine too, & it's a SoCal rig. Wind deflector came off this week, and the roof rack is coming off as soon as I get a couple of dry days in a row. I have not noticed that my rear window is any dirtier or wetter than with the deflector...but maybe that because my Cruiser is caked with mud right now:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom