How to: Remove ACSD system on 1HD-FT (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday everyone, been looking into removing my ACSD but couldn’t find a lot of information on how to do it, so I jumped right in and gave it a crack, and thought I’d put a post up on how to do it. The blanking plate I used was off of a TD42 10mm injection pump, pretty certain most VE pump blanking plates will work for this.

NOTE: this is how I done it on my automatic 1997 1HDFT 80 series landcruiser, not too sure if it’s the same for different model engines such as the 1HDT.

Things you’ll need:
- 12mm spanner / socket
- 17mm spanner / socket
- 5mm Allen key
- WD40
- Blanking plate & new o ring
- 3/8” brass pipe joiner, or a new section of 3/8” Heater hose

Before you get started, I’d recommend letting the car cool down for a couple of hours, I jumped into this straight after getting home from work and ended up regretting it.
  1. Remove throttle linkages
  2. Unbolt aircon idle up bracket (3x 5mm Allen key bolts) and move out of the way
  3. Remove 12mm nut from ACSD shaft and wiggle the springs loose (makes it easier to access the 2x 5mm Allen keys holding the ACSD on).
  4. Remove the fuel supply hardline (17mm nut, and 12mm bolt below the ACSD)
  5. Remove the 2x 5mm Allen keys holding the ACSD onto the pump. (Note: you will lose a bit of diesel, so have a catch container or rags underneath the car)
  6. Remove the 2x coolant hoses from the ACSD, you can use either a 3/8” brass pipe joiner or replace both hoses with a new straight section of 3/8” heater hose.
  7. Replace the rubber o-ring on the injection pump where the ACSD used to be and bolt up your new blanking plate.
  8. Refit the fuel supply hardline to the injection pump and ensure you have fitted both copper crush washers (these can also be replaced now if you wish).
  9. Refit the aircon idle up bracket with the 3 5mm allen keys.
  10. Refit the throttle linkages
  11. Pump the fuel filter primer until it goes hard
  12. Re bleed your coolant system
So yeah, that’s how I’ve done it on my 80, hope this will be able to help someone out. Cheers for having a read!

Gday everyone, been looking into removing my ACSD but couldn’t find a lot of information on how to do it, so I jumped right in and gave it a crack, and thought I’d put a post up on how to do it. The blanking plate I used was off of a TD42 10mm injection pump, pretty certain most VE pump blanking plates will work for this.

NOTE: this is how I done it on my automatic 1997 1HDFT 80 series landcruiser, not too sure if it’s the same for different model engines such as the 1HDT.

Things you’ll need:
- 12mm spanner / socket
- 17mm spanner / socket
- 5mm Allen key
- WD40
- Blanking plate & new o ring
- 3/8” brass pipe joiner, or a new section of 3/8” Heater hose

Before you get started, I’d recommend letting the car cool down for a couple of hours, I jumped into this straight after getting home from work and ended up regretting it.
  1. Remove throttle linkages
  2. Unbolt aircon idle up bracket (3x 5mm Allen key bolts) and move out of the way
  3. Remove 12mm nut from ACSD shaft and wiggle the springs loose (makes it easier to access the 2x 5mm Allen keys holding the ACSD on).
  4. Remove the fuel supply hardline (17mm nut, and 12mm bolt below the ACSD)
  5. Remove the 2x 5mm Allen keys holding the ACSD onto the pump. (Note: you will lose a bit of diesel, so have a catch container or rags underneath the car)
  6. Remove the 2x coolant hoses from the ACSD, you can use either a 3/8” brass pipe joiner or replace both hoses with a new straight section of 3/8” heater hose.
  7. Replace the rubber o-ring on the injection pump where the ACSD used to be and bolt up your new blanking plate.
  8. Refit the fuel supply hardline to the injection pump and ensure you have fitted both copper crush washers (these can also be replaced now if you wish).
  9. Refit the aircon idle up bracket with the 3 5mm allen keys.
  10. Refit the throttle linkages
  11. Pump the fuel filter primer until it goes hard
  12. Re bleed your coolant system
So yeah, that’s how I’ve done it on my 80, hope this will be able to help someone out. Cheers for having a read!
Thanks for the great write up, I’m still up in the air about deleting mine or not. I’ll be getting rid of the glow screen when I install my PDI intercooler and I’m worried that cold starts in 20 degree weather might be a problem.

Thanks for the great write up, I’m still up in the air about deleting mine or not. I’ll be getting rid of the glow screen when I install my PDI intercooler and I’m worried that cold starts in 20 degree weather might be a problem.
Hey mate, with mine, I gutted the heater out of the housing. Was thinking if anything it would’ve been a restriction. Have been in 10° Celsius weather and mine still starts within half a crank every time from cold. No glow plugs, and non working ACSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom