Lexus vs. Toyota Seat Foam (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
This one needed to be put to rest.

As far as I can tell the Lexus seat foam is more finished and softer. The Toyota foam appears to be heat set and a touch firmer. The foam is more rigid with a harder shell to it on the Toyota version if that makes sense.

71512-60070 Lexus Front seat bottom - driver (US)
71511-60070 Lexus Front seat bottom - passenger (US)
71551-60140 Toyota Front seat back - driver (US)
DSCF6943.jpg

Ok, so in the first pic, on the left, we have a sample of the Lexus seat foam. The foam on the right is the Toyota version.
BottomTop.jpg
BottomBottom.jpg

Last edited:
The reason the Toyota foam has that relief cut out the middle of the seat bottom is that there is a plastic support sewn into the leather for the rib that you see in all Toyota seats. These are on the seat bottom and the seat back.

For those installing the replacement leather from AATLAS1X, his have a much smaller band for the ribbing. The difference is about an inch. Romer installed the Toyota version over Lexus seat foam and hasn't mentioned having an issue with it. I will cut a small relief out of the foam but it will not be as large as the Toyota one.
BottomLeather.jpg
DSCF7857.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job :) Put to rest or FAQ'd :)

Lexus = no rib
Toyota = rib

Good lord I need to get the new leather from Shane (AATLAS1X) installed sooner than I thought....the picture of my seat bottom is just sad
dr seat bottom.jpg
DSCF7810.jpg

I just replaced my sad manual seats (dealer-installed leather that was completely destroyed) with a very newish set of Lexus seats. I cannot believe how much more comfortable they are. I seem to sit higher, too, which is handy on the trails.
100_0646.jpg

Thanks Mike for doing the legwork. I am thinking of using Lexus foam in my Toyota seat bottom. So, all I have to do is cut a small slit in the Lexus bottom foam for the leather "plastic support" to go through and attach via hog rings?

Thanks again.

What do the foams cost?

Is it correct that the front seat foam is swappable, L to R, R to L? Any aftermarket options?

Shane, are you doing Steering wheel kits? - not installed, just the pre-cut leather?

Kernal said:
Is it correct that the front seat foam is swappable, L to R, R to L? Any aftermarket options?

Only in 40-60-62 series. The 80 and 100 are seat specific.

Flank said:
Shane, are you doing Steering wheel kits? - not installed, just the pre-cut leather?

Someone makes a basis wrap, but you're covering your old leather. I use them in my 40-60-62 wheels only. I think SOR sells them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom