OEM Wheel part needed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
Maybe I've not had enough coffee this am. I can't use the search tool to save my life.

Can anyone please tell me the part number for the 79+ OEM Steel Black FJ40 rims that you can still get from Toyota. And the matching hub cap. Iam assuming these would work on my 1977 Fj40.

Is there a difference in the front and rear wheel? I spoke to my local guy, he is confused...I should just call Dan.

In US market I'm pretty sure we got a white spoke wheel starting with the 81 model. The same time the FJ60 was starting to be imported. The only difference is the 60 got chome rims while the 40 rim was painted white. Any solid rim the hub cap clips that is welded together and not revited will work on a 77 model with it's original front axle still there. All the wheel that will work with the disk brake axle have a date stamped into it while the earlier rims didn't.

John

In US market I'm pretty sure we got a white spoke wheel starting with the 81 model. The same time the FJ60 was starting to be imported. The only difference is the 60 got chome rims while the 40 rim was painted white. Any solid rim the hub cap clips that is welded together and not revited will work on a 77 model with it's original front axle still there. All the wheel that will work with the disk brake axle have a date stamped into it while the earlier rims didn't.

John

83 AND UP 40'S GOT THE CHROME WHEELS ;)

40'S WERE 5.5 WIDE AND 60'S WERE 6.0

Thanks everyone... :)

And for your viewing pleasure:

stockfj40wheels.jpg

Mark, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but can you blast the chrome off of a 60 wheel and paint it that off white color? It seems easier to find 60 wheels and the extra .5" would be nice. I would go with the original steelies, but hard to find and I am cheap.

Mark, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but can you blast the chrome off of a 60 wheel and paint it that off white color? It seems easier to find 60 wheels and the extra .5" would be nice. I would go with the original steelies, but hard to find and I am cheap.

Have them scuffed and then powder

I'm not so sure about that. I know of an 84 build date 40 locally that was US sold. White wheels, I'll look at the date on the wheel next time I see it.

Hummmm, Never known that....16" wheels mybe?

Then itmust have had the wing windows.

shane

Hummmm, Never known that....16" wheels mybe?

Then itmust have had the wing windows.

shane

i'm 99% sure they are 15's. The standard white creamish late model wheels

The doors are standard late model no wing windows. factory ac,. ps

i'm 99% sure they are 15's. The standard white creamish late model wheels

The doors are standard late model no wing windows. factory ac,. ps

The later the build date you get wing windows as rumor has is they ran out of solid doors. Never know of a US 40 with a 1984 build date.

Yes the cream/white (sun fading) were 80-82

One owner 1983
Vin
standard.jpg

OE wheels, caps and lug nuts.
standard.jpg

Side with door wing glass
standard.jpg

Those were probably swapped out at the dealer. I'm sure you'll find they're the same width as a 60 wheel. None of my 83's had chrome, all were white.

nope, 81+ fj40(US). white was stock, chrome was an option, ALL 6" wide

pre 81 wheels were 5.5"

83 AND UP 40'S GOT THE CHROME WHEELS ;)

40'S WERE 5.5 WIDE AND 60'S WERE 6.0

Wow. Timely thread for me. I wonder if that price is still current for the caps? I need to call Dan. Thats cheaper than some used Ebay ones.

price is not current, price went up, these are for the pre 81 wheels, not the 81+ fj40/60 caps

think I got a pile of new caps in the attic.....yes I hoard :D

Wow. Timely thread for me. I wonder if that price is still current for the caps? I need to call Dan. Thats cheaper than some used Ebay ones.

unless you can get a big discount i think the caps are closer to $30 each and the one with the hole is more expensive.by a buck or too . I think:doh:

$36 rear and $38 front at the local dealer but their prices are pretty high. The old part numbers have been changed. The new number is the old number followed by -86.

Those were probably swapped out at the dealer. I'm sure you'll find they're the same width as a 60 wheel. None of my 83's had chrome, all were white.

I wonder if it a port thing? Three of my 83's had the chrome wheels and one had after market white steelies.

nope, 81+ fj40(US). white was stock, chrome was an option, ALL 6" wide

pre 81 wheels were 5.5"

Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom