BBQ BOY's Smokin' Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased this Hundy on Valentine's Day 2011. This is my first and coming from an FJ40 driving this truck is a treat.
No cracks in the seats. The seats are 90% ion the driver seat, 95% on the passenger and the 2nd/3rd row are mint. No stains in the carpet. The body is very nice with minimal typical wear from the sun and some minor scuffs on the bumper.
Well it's a LC so a couple things need to be done.
I do not plan on molding it anytime soon. I am enjoying it the way it is right now.
Help me come up with a name for her.
7227767f.jpg

d03b7d76.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Last edited:
The next addition are the Weather Tech mats.
I think they match the interior nicely. Maybe not the carpet or seats but look how well they match up with the dash.
IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

Last edited:
I Picked up the Rodmounts Rodloft from Cabela's a few days ago and have used it a couple times already. I really like this system. It keeps the tips of the rods high enough for them not to brush the top of your head. The reason being is because the bar right behead the front sears sits higher than the holders in the back.
f047fd2e.jpg

c950e9d2.jpg

d7f7b187.jpg

a81e2969.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

Last edited:
I had a bronze tint installed on my front windows. It is a 3M film and I believe it is a 37% tint. Not very dark but I am just trying to get some of the sunlight off of my Nav head unit. I put Llumar tint on my windshield. I love it. Made a HUGE difference in the temperature in the car. I can't even tell the tint is there anymore and I do not see any ill effects at night.
IMG_2571.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely hated the stock stereo. in the past I had very high end car audio equipment and competed. With this car I had to upgrade. It is perfect since it has a lot of interior volume and the truck is pretty quiet to begin with.
Pioneer Avic930BT
ARC Audio KS300.4 for front channels
ARC Audio XXD2080 for rear fill
JL XD600.1 sub amp
Hertz Mille MLK TW components running active
Hert High Energy rear coaxial 6.5" speakers
JL 8W7-3 installed in a .85cu sealed box
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 proccessor
KnuKoncepts wires upgraded RCA's and doors deadened to the gills. I did deaden other areas such as the rear panel when it was off to install sub amp.

I have been awaiting the release because I like the newer features and the VOLUME KNOB!!!! Without steering wheel controls on my 01' it makes it far more difficult to take your eyes off the road to search for tiny little volume buttons. Or at least for me that is.
Pro's:
Bluetooth is the best I have used and heard in any vehicle.
Pandora
aha internet radio
the HU is basically an iPod with all of the scrolling features.
Being able to read the full title, artist and album of every song
Back up camera
Being able to see behind me via rear camera as I drive down the road
3D Nav
Having about 10 colors for your illumination to choose from. The green didn't match but you have a customization option to blend the colors to match your dash perfectly.
You can stream Pandora and ipod music
Detachable face(haven't tried to figure this out yet)
The layout is great
Made speakers sound 5x's better
VOLUME KNOB!!!!!!

Cons:
The display does not tilt.

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

5b8a493e.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

Crossover, which I am not using. I am running this system active, not passive.
IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

Last edited:
These tweeter pods were fabricated form the stock tweeter location.
IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2680-1.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3322-1.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Last edited:
Nitto Terra Grappler 285-75-16
The ride is great. I can hear them but barely. Smooth and 7% louder. They have given the stock ride a slightly more firm ride, which is great because while the squishy ride was nice it has taken some of that squishiness way making the truck feel more controlled. I do not notice any power loss either. As far a sMPG goes it is too early to tell. One thing I will say is that in person the tires give off a much more masculine appearance. To me the pictures do not show the tire at all.
IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

Last edited:
looking good!

Those running boards are ruining the look....but so far so good.

I am debating wether to take them off now or leave them on until my sliders come in a couple of weeks. If they are left on it's soley for my children.

bah, drop the sliders, you will not regret it.

looking good btw

I am debating wether to take them off now or leave them on until my sliders come in a couple of weeks. If they are left on it's soley for my children.

If you are not wheeling it, leave them on till your replacements come. If nothing else it will protect the paint from sandblasting.

I shall declare a name for this fine beast...

"Porky"

Looks good. we will wheel next time I am in your neck of the woods. And enjoy some BBQ

I shall declare a name for this fine beast...

"Porky"

Looks good. we will wheel next time I am in your neck of the woods. And enjoy some BBQ

Hmmmmm. I don't really have a name for it yet. How about Porky Pig?

I order the ARB Sahara bumper this afternoon and 1.5" medium OME lift with 865's and original OME shocks.

Don't start Francis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom