Build Yosshaa 2019 GX460 new to me build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After over a decade in Land Cruisers, I switched and picked up this 2019 GX 460 Premium from a local Lexus dealership. I am planning on a mild build, at least until it's under the Lexus-certified warranty.
Bought Monday Night 79,xxx miles on the clock (see picture)
IMG_1155.jpg

Two weeks later

IMG_1585.jpg

Last edited:
On Tuesday, she went to my local Toyota dealership to get a transmission flush, drain and fill on the front rear diffs, and transfer case.
3/12/2024 - 79, 459
drivetrain fluid baseline
Tranny, transfer case, and front and rear diffs.

Wheels came in this week, and Cooper Tires and Victory Roof Rack will be here next week.
Went with KMC Wrath 17x8.5 in matte bronze.
I kind of accidentally created an Iron Man theme.

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

header-credit-Marvel-Studios_5f741da26f175.jpeg

You can easily add crawl and/or MTS to a '19

Nothing wrong with Ironman! Question is: will you be able to shoot electrical bolts from your palms and fly?

Nothing wrong with Ironman! Question is: will you be able to shoot electrical bolts from your palms and fly?
Going to be planning these mods for after warranty is up haha

Reactions: r2m
Following! I am curious what size tire you will choose? And what is the offset of your new wheels?

Following! I am curious what size tire you will choose? And what is the offset of your new wheels?
Cooper Discoverer All-Terrain 265/70R17 115T Tire: I ran two sets on my 100 series, and I was really impressed with this tire. The Wally world had a killer deal on them so I jumped on it!

Offset is a bit of a story. I have 2 wheels at 0 offset and 2 wheels -10 offset. This was not by design; the 0 offset was on clearance; one site said they had 2, and another site said they had 2. I ordered from both sites and the second site I ordered from canceled the order the next day. Citing that the wheels were discontinued and out of stock, as it turns out both websites reported "in stock" quantities from the same distributor inventory. Before I could cancel the first successful order, the wheels were basically on my doorstep (the distributor might be here in AZ)
So, I thought it over and decided to buy 2 at the -10 offset for the rear. Aesthetically, I don't think I'll be able to tell, as it seems like the stock wheels in the rear sit a little more inset than the front. Driving, I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference (same width rim, same tire size). The only problem I see is tire rotation, but I'm not even sure that'll actually be a problem, considering I just ordered a mild lift and have already done the zip-tie thing.

Wheels should be here this week, I'll be sure to post pictures.

Last edited:
You can easily add crawl and/or MTS to a '19

Order MTS yesterday; I wouldn't have known otherwise, so thank you for the post; I'm excited about this mod.

Don't discount ATRAC. I have had enough luck with it alone that I have put off getting lockers until I get a different DD.

Cooper Discoverer All-Terrain 265/70R17 115T Tire: I ran two sets on my 100 series, and I was really impressed with this tire. The Wally world had a killer deal on them so I jumped on it!

Offset is a bit of a story. I have 2 wheels at 0 offset and 2 wheels -10 offset. This was not by design; the 0 offset was on clearance; one site said they had 2, and another site said they had 2. I ordered from both sites and the second site I ordered from canceled the order the next day. Citing that the wheels were discontinued and out of stock, as it turns out both websites reported "in stock" quantities from the same distributor inventory. Before I could cancel the first successful order, the wheels were basically on my doorstep (the distributor might be here in AZ)
So, I thought it over and decided to buy 2 at the -10 offset for the rear. Aesthetically, I don't think I'll be able to tell, as it seems like the stock wheels in the rear sit a little more inset than the front. Driving, I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference (same width rim, same tire size). The only problem I see is tire rotation, but I'm not even sure that'll actually be a problem, considering I just ordered a mild lift and have already done the zip-tie thing.

Wheels should be here this week, I'll be sure to post pictures.
If the rims you just purchased are being discontinued, I'd strongly suggest you get yourself a fifth wheel for your spare while they're still available. Even if you don't mount it now, just stick it in the corner of your garage or swap out your spare tire rim and remount your spare on it.

Don't discount ATRAC. I have had enough luck with it alone that I have put off getting lockers until I get a different DD.
Are they mutually exclusive? Do I lose ATRACK with the addition of the MTS module? Or are you saying ATRAC alone is still plenty capable of terrain adjustments? Thanks for the reply!

If the rims you just purchased are being discontinued, I'd strongly suggest you get yourself a fifth wheel for your spare while they're still available. Even if you don't mount it now, just stick it in the corner of your garage or swap out your spare tire rim and remount your spare on it.
yes. yes to everything you said.

Reactions: r2m
Are they mutually exclusive? Do I lose ATRACK with the addition of the MTS module? Or are you saying ATRAC alone is still plenty capable of terrain adjustments? Thanks for the reply!
ATRAC alone is pretty impressive. Enough so that I have no need for MTS or CC in Iowa. Colorado may be a different story. I also have a different contact patch with my 285/70s, so what works for me may not work for you. Just something to consider.

Here is the 4Runner after doing a trail that was more wet than first appeared. All seasons and ATRAC got us out, up a hill. It has a 245 tread width on a 20" wheel sith approx 31.5" tire diameter.

image000000(5).jpg

3/20
I installed the Victory Roof Rack; great fit and finish, and I am very happy with its quality.
Wheels go on tomorrow.

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

That's great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom