Yakima-OEM cross bar report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd suggest getting the AO or FR tracks and then put the control towers in the track.

That would make it very easy on and off for a Yak rack.

I've got a Yak fairing in front of my FR rack like this.

attachment.php

Last edited:
My I.C.E. setup, only used when there's too much gear in the truck to stuff the skis/boards in.
167021_10150125287013203_590898202_7979437_576130_n.jpg

bkgee:

From the pics, it looks like you just have the Yak rail grabbers and the crossbars; is that right? I like that simple setup. I've seen a similar one on here and the guy said the crossbars are 58". Can you confirm? Haven't really looked into it yet.... what's the best way to go about getting a good price on Yak stuff? Or do all the 'retailers' simply order direct from the mfgr @ the Yakima website's advertised cost? Tks for any help!

bkgee:

From the pics, it looks like you just have the Yak rail grabbers and the crossbars; is that right? I like that simple setup. I've seen a similar one on here and the guy said the crossbars are 58". Can you confirm? Haven't really looked into it yet.... what's the best way to go about getting a good price on Yak stuff? Or do all the 'retailers' simply order direct from the mfgr @ the Yakima website's advertised cost? Tks for any help!

For the most part, yes, retailers are selling at the same price as the mfgr lists. Most mfgr have MSRP's that retailers must follow. They allow us to put things on sale for limited periods at limited discounts for current product. Typically, for discontinued product, MSRP guidelines are out the window.
As a retailer of both major roof rack brands, I think it would be fun to offer guys on here a nice discount. Not sure how to attempt that, if I need to chat with someone, etc, but think it would be fun.

For the most part, yes, retailers are selling at the same price as the mfgr lists. Most mfgr have MSRP's that retailers must follow. They allow us to put things on sale for limited periods at limited discounts for current product. Typically, for discontinued product, MSRP guidelines are out the window.
As a retailer of both major roof rack brands, I think it would be fun to offer guys on here a nice discount. Not sure how to attempt that, if I need to chat with someone, etc, but think it would be fun.

I would be interested in buying Thule or Yakima parts if you do !!!

R.

I have tried sooooo many ways to use/fab' racks to hold bikes. I've had tabs welded on a BajaRack (FJ Cruiser) bolted directly to roof, used pick-up truck bed mounts on factory cross rails... This time, I went straight from Yak/Thule catalog - fairing and all - and couldn't be happier. Yeah, it was expensive. But it works perfectly and is quite.

IMG_0065.jpg

Tks. Found a good price on ebay. The listing states that the smaller claws are preinstalled, but the larger claws also come w/ the set of rail grabbers. Which of the two works on the 100s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom