Builds XPLOR R - 2014 200 Series Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congratulations! This is one of my favorite threads to follow... and even more now.

Congrats!!

i saw your rig this morning at the WINGS OF FREEDOM event at the Lyons museum, we flew the a B24 Liberator!

Congrats Matt! Awesome proposal!

i saw your rig this morning at the WINGS OF FREEDOM event at the Lyons museum, we flew the a B24 Liberator!

Ah, you should have flagged me down! First time visiting the Museum. Cool little collection, too bad that you couldn't go out on the tarmac and look at the planes out there. I checked it out for a bit more than an hour then had to split.

I would be concerned as well, though in the image you attached it looks like that spot would actually be untouched?

I opened up the panel, and in my opinion, it seems clear that it will not be an issue, since the curtain airbags deploy in a manner to specifically avoid the grab handle, and the main driver bag comes out of the steering wheel. I've added Matt's mount idea and use it for my Garmin Inreach device. Very happy with it.

And...

My ulterior motives for the trip - it was time to ask my Girlfriend to marry me! (!!!).

I faked a vehicle concern (which she wisely ignored) but after enough time she came to see what I was looking at, and I surprised her with the ring/proposal.

View attachment 1695705
View attachment 1695706

My friends were in on the plan, so had cameras and Champagne ready. Amazing way to spend a Sunday.

View attachment 1695708 View attachment 1695709

Glad to share this with the 'mud crowd.

Matt, I am so happy for you! I enjoyed wheeling in a group with you and your (now) fiancé...and am so glad you found each other.

Congrats, and happy trails to you both. :)

Mark(uson)

0818_xplorr_2.jpg

That was fun. Let's not do that again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom