Builds XPLOR R - 2014 200 Series Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

120k mile service today. Long list of things taken care of but had a surprise where the drive belt and tensioner were shot. Pricey list but we’re set for a trip to Death Valley next week.

120k mile service today. Long list of things taken care of but had a surprise where the drive belt and tensioner were shot. Pricey list but we’re set for a trip to Death Valley next week.

FYI the oem ones are manufactured by Dayco. I saved $$ by getting the Dayco part.

Just getting back from 200 miles of 4x4 trails in Death Valley. Great weather and good company. Truck did great overall. Thirsty, but great. We cut a tire on Steel Pass but other than that no issues. We did hit some crazy powder pits that were pretty long and deep. Will post up more pics later this week.

76B22C90-A229-4CBA-87E6-740B4946779F.jpeg

Just getting back from 200 miles of 4x4 trails in Death Valley. Great weather and good company. Truck did great overall. Thirsty, but great. We cut a tire on Steel Pass but other than that no issues. We did hit some crazy powder pits that were pretty long and deep. Will post up more pics later this week.

View attachment 2656191
Nice shots, I was just there a few weeks back doing a similar route so know what you’re referring to on the powder pits - I’m still trying to get the dust out of the strangest places :) looking forward to the rest of your photos and thanks for sharing

Powder pits indeed. Pretty sure that was the final straw that did my LRA breather in.

I just want to take my compressed air blower to your car in those pics.

On the way to Teakettle Junction we ran through this looong stretch of fluffy doom...

Woah! I haven't seen fluffy doom like that since I was in the Middle East. We called it moon dust, but for some reason, I like fluffy doom a bit more.

Looks like an awesome trip, thanks for sharing!

Fesh fesh.

View attachment 2656191

Is the pouch on the dash part of a dash cover?

Very nice job and congratulations!
if you don't want to make a net, Blue ridge Overland gear makes a "gear attic" . I have in in my LC and it is very handy.

Is the pouch on the dash part of a dash cover?
No, they’re 5.11 pouches attached with some hook sided Velcro to the dash cover. Been pretty secure and really handy without being in the way. I lined the top with some reflective silver window insulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom