Builds XPLOR R - 2014 200 Series Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed some Vision X ditch lights with the CBI brackets a while back and tonight installed updated RotoPax mounts on the ARB flat rack. (New commuter in the background, a 2019 Mirai.) Will be out at Overland Expo West in a few weeks. Will be camping wherever I end up, but daytimes will be based in the 5.11 booth.

View attachment 1967774View attachment 1967775
hey Matt,
i plan on heading up to expo on thursday to stake a claim on as many spots as i can. the local club will have 4 of us biding for real estate.
if you want to join us, i'd be more than willing to drop a tent in a spot for you.
just look for the disco lights and the margaritas!

if you want to join us, i'd be more than willing to drop a tent in a spot for you.

Absolutely, that would be great to camp with at least one friendly face. I'll have the OZ tent and likely an awning to set up.

Don’t ####ing back up with your rear hatch open...
4ADDE9D2-0959-4030-BD00-52CA957337CD.jpeg

Back home, expo was huge. Walked 6 or 7 miles yesterday wandering. Saw some cool rigs, met some good people, saw friends. Did some research and picked up a few small things.

Anyone have an extra hatch???

Back home, expo was huge. Walked 6 or 7 miles yesterday wandering. Saw some cool rigs, met some good people, saw friends. Did some research and picked up a few small things.

Anyone have an extra hatch???

Sorry we missed you guys! Hard to believe how large Expo was and very sorry to see what happened to your hatch.

Good luck! btw... that's some awesome labor rate.

can i copy your owl ornament ?

im half serious, that was funny. what made you add that?

can i copy your owl ornament ?

im half serious, that was funny. what made you add that?

Thanks, that little fellow has been on two trucks and by now has more than 100,000 miles on him, lol. I like owls and initially added him to the grille of a Tundra as a funny ornament. When I changed to the 200 he came along for the ride. Occasionally people will see him as they walk by and do a double-take, then smile.

Got the truck washed today (long overdue) and then finally got around to installing some ditch lights with the CBI brackets. Went with Vision X as I've run them on a couple trucks now and like the looks and performance. Still need to wire them up to another switch but the brackets went on easily. Start with the top/forward bolt.

View attachment 1947252View attachment 1947254View attachment 1947255View attachment 1947256
Did these brackets require any trimming on that plastic windshield splash guard under the wipers?

Yikes, been away from this thread for a while. Work has been busy, interests have been elsewhere (home/yard), but have gotten a couple camping trips in this late summer/fall despite the 'rona and CA fires.

Starter/solenoid replaced at 117K miles. Was around a grand at a local independent shop with OEM parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom