Wyoming 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this 55 one from the original owners who apparently drove it daily for several years, then kept it at their cabin for vacation use. They owned it for 38 years so I guess maybe they got tired of the original blue and white. It's in very good shape and pretty complete - I think. It's missing a few parts from when they repainted. Some of the weatherstrip needs replacing. But man, it drives real smooth and quiet.

Specs:
1979 (march)
Originally (and hopefully soon to be again) Blue and White
Stock AC and PS
Stock engine and tranny.
Factory Winch

Currently bone stock other than an aftermarket stereo that looks as old as the vehicle and doesn't work. The PO gave me the original window sticker and some original purchase documents. As well as the original manual and a bunch of service records from over the years. When I picked it up he had spare air filters and oil filters and such that look like they were purchased 30 years ago. Must have stock piled them in his cabin. My kids are arguing about who gets to keep it when I kick the bucket.

Future plans:
- Restore to original paint.
- Some interior restoration like replaceing old seat foam and restoring old seat belt webbing.
- 2 or 3" lift with a little larger tires.
- Roof Rack
- possibly some discreet LEDs spots integrated into the bumpers
- Lots of pleasure cruises with my wife and kids in the tetons and other mountain roads and lakes around here.

Questions I have for you experienced 55 owners:

- Did any 55s come with carpet? I'm assuming mine must have a kit from specter from 20 yrs ago.
- Was this seat upholstery stock? I figured it was likely redone, but it sure matches the headrests pretty well.
- anyone know where I can get some replacement visors that snap into the clips on the headliner above the windshield like the stock ones do?

IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG
View attachment 1505240

Last edited:
Look like seat covers. Not sure about carpet, may have been option in 79. Full roll cage? You'll get all sorts of help and guidance here. Welcome and have fun.

yeah fancy roll cage huh? not sure why they did that. The uphosltery sure looks old, prob was redone many years ago. I don't like it.

Anyone have any pictures of what the upholstery would have looked like in a 79 blue and white?

Welcome to the stye. I've been watching that swine for a couple years. did get to talk to the owner once. Looked like it was in great shape and the owner was taking good care of it. Original interior was gray vinyl and rubber floor mats. But I've added carpet to all my pigs - quiets them down some and is more comfortable. Like already said by Bob M this is a great resource for knowledge, encouragement, and understanding of all the stages of swine flu.

thanks OldBeachBob, yeah I've checked in on it a couple of times too. Had my bro in Boise go check it out for me. Didn't get serious about it until I sold my HJ recently. Timing was good I guess, the owner came down on the price enough it worked out.

Did you do any of that sound deadening mat beneath your carpet. Considered doing some when I repaint this, unsure about whether or not it'll encourage rust.

I like that rollbar...anything to help out those thin A-pillars
specter sold them. i think man -a-fre might've too. i have one in the pickle. i want to say con ferr made them, but not sure

them are some piping hot seat covers! shazam! that thing is SUWHEET

I'm thinking I did too! My Mom made most of my pants/shirts and I got to pick out the material. It got a little wild there in the late sixties.

Did you do any of that sound deadening mat beneath your carpet. Considered doing some when I repaint this, unsure about whether or not it'll encourage rust.

I used Dynomat and then laid mat over that. I also used Indoor/Outdoor carpet on top of all that. Floors stay cool even on desert hwy drive in summer. Also reduces :princess: discussion of "sounds like the inside of a steel drum".

I also have the internal roll bar - hoping to never use it , however ------------?

Enjoy the journey!

incredible specimen.

how long was it for sale?

I like that rollbar...anything to help out those thin A-pillars

Maybe post some underhood pics? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Pig with the factory installed AC AND power steering systems as they were in 1979.

yeah, no idea where the roll bar came from. At first i was going to remove it, but i'll probably just keep it. I think it was for sale for about a year. Owners weren't in a rush to sell.

Last edited:
Here's your engine bay pics. Needs some clean up. It's my first cruiser that isn't missing all the smog and other components. This is my fourth cruiser where the windshield wiper sprayer doesn't work. What's up with that? All the parts are there, so maybe I can get it going. Don't know if it's the switch or pump yet.

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom