Builds wiseinvestor's budget build of "Big Slick" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6resized.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Measurements from center of cap to wheel well:

Before:
Front Right 19.75
Front Left 19.00
Rear Right 20.125
Rear Left 19.25 (I was on that lean)

After
Front Right 20.75
Front Left 20.50
Rear Right 21.75
Rear Left 21.75

* I am aware of the debate on combining aftermarket springs with factory suspension... but this was a relatively inexpensive option and I want the real life experience.

What's your mileage at these measurements? I took before and after measurements when I installed my lift and I had suspected my factory suspension was tired, making it seem like I gained more in my lift. Did Eric say if the new OEM struts will settle at all?

What's your mileage at these measurements? I took before and after measurements when I installed my lift and I had suspected my factory suspension was tired, making it seem like I gained more in my lift. Did Eric say if the new OEM struts will settle at all?
Just under 99k. Im sure the old ones were tired. The spacer and new springs prevent me from knowing what difference new factory parts might have on hight but my guess is very little if any. Ymmv

Briefly explored a bit of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park this weekend.
20210313_105322.jpg

20210313_103745.jpg

I made lunch while the kids played in the river.

20210313_113907.jpg

I should have let it cool for a min before I called them.

20210313_120013.jpg

Beautiful area. I will be back when I can stay longer.

20210313_104555.jpg

Gamiviti dropped me some accessories for the rack. Looking forward to getting organized up there.

20210307_161947.jpg

100K mile service is done.
The radiator swap and other pm items are on deck this week.
20210223_142000.jpg

I stuck the new cupholder in. I'm liking it quite a bit. When I first saw people doing this, I just assumed they had completely run out of modifications to do. But after having my truck for 2 years I realized how much I hated the factory cup holders. So, it actually is pretty nice.

20210310_153906.jpg

I've been taking some measurements and trying to figure out how to fit a deployed xped, a fridge, water, propane, table/chairs, and still keep the a third row seat in.
I ordered this slide from clearview mirrors as it is expandable. I have set it at it smallest setting and it works with my budget fridge. I have some ideas but it is a work in progress.

20210225_174606.jpg

20210223_184620.jpg

Preventative maintenance completed: New Radiator & Hoses, Water Pump, Thermostat, Serpentine Belt & Tensioner, PCV Valve, Bracket, Fan Clutch, and Idler Pulley.
Airflow sensor cleaned. Full of fresh extra special pink stuff, and a top off on trans fluid.

Not exactly the stuff of childhood bedroom posters but here you go...

20210317_105402.jpg

Preventative maintenance completed: New Radiator & Hoses, Water Pump, Thermostat, Serpentine Belt & Tensioner, PCV Valve, Bracket, Fan Clutch, and Idler Pulley.
Airflow sensor cleaned. Full of fresh extra special pink stuff, and a top off on trans fluid.

Not exactly the stuff of childhood bedroom posters but here you go...

View attachment 2617016
Did you DIY?

Not sure how I have not seen your thread before, but really nice build. The truck looks great and the best part of any build thread is seeing people use their trucks.

And not to be overly sentimental because everybody has their own motivations for owning 200s (or any vehicle for that matter) and investing huge amounts of time and/or money to build them up and customize them. There is nothing wrong with pushing things to the extreme and testing the limits of your vehicle and yourself, and there is nothing wrong with simply getting joy out of stepping outside and looking at your rig sitting in the driveway everyday.

Briefly explored a bit of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park this weekend.

I made lunch while the kids played in the river.

I should have let it cool for a min before I called them.

View attachment 2614422

Beautiful area. I will be back when I can stay longer.

To me, everything is all about 👆

I rarely remember the trails or obstacles (that's what cameras are for), but I remember every cup of hot chocolate watching Perseids at 2am and every trailside cooking adventure with the kids (like trying to make grilled cheese with the kids in 50 mph wind gusts).

I really appreciate your stories. Thanks for sharing.

I rarely remember the trails or obstacles (that's what cameras are for), but I remember every cup of hot chocolate watching Perseids at 2am and every trailside cooking adventure with the kids (like trying to make grilled cheese with the kids in 50 mph wind gusts).

I really appreciate your stories. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the kind words. I agree with you 100%. The moments with friends and especially with the kiddos are my favorite. The truck is both a fun hobby and a tool. It doesn't make the rocks skip farther or the sunset prettier, but it does give me the confidence to go. Your truck is awesome btw. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom