Windshield wiper interval too fast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The slowest available windshield wiper setting on my '06 LC results in a wiper interval that is way too fast for 90% of rain situations, which requires me to cycle the wipers on and off constantly.

Is this normal? If not, what could be the cause?

Post a video. I can tell you if it's normal or not.

So something odd I noticed last week on my 2002 LX is that on the Interval setting, the smallest part of the "triangle" shape is NOT the slowest setting. It's actually the fastest. If I turn it to the largest part of the triangle shape, which is away from me, that's the slowest setting. It's basically backwards from every other car I've driven with interval wipers. Maybe that's your problem?

What @ewrk1989 said. On Toyota's (and some other makes) the farther DOWN the control stalk is, the faster the wipers go, same with the interval control ring.

With mine I have a good range of time difference between the slowest and fastest intervals controlled via the ring in the stalk. Granted, it'd be nice to have an intermittent setting where you push up along with all the other interval settings, but I still love my truck ;)

I've always thought the same thing. (the longest interval between wipes, is still way too often) And I end up having to cycle them manually myself for light rain or drizzle. If I could 30 seconds or so between wipes, I'd be satisfied.

@Tummler , do you have a rain sensor?
If the rain sensor doesn't work properly, the solution is normally to change the gel/tape pad between glass and sensor.

rain sensor sucked on my LX, so i just unplugged it at the windshield connection. Been 100% happy with that decision.

It's always been annoying to me that Toyota doesn't seem to believe in a "mist" setting for the wiper stalk where you could get one "swipe" by pulling the stalk without turning the wipers all the way on or getting the spray. Not sure why they did it, or if anything can be done to mod it.

rain sensor sucked on my LX, so i just unplugged it at the windshield connection. Been 100% happy with that decision.
You can turn it on and off by using techstream.
I normally disable the rain sensor during the mid-winter, when freezing temps are expected, as the sensor doesn't work well i frost. The interval function then works like a normal interval switch, and not as a rain sensor sensitivity adjuster.

It's always been annoying to me that Toyota doesn't seem to believe in a "mist" setting for the wiper stalk where you could get one "swipe" by pulling the stalk without turning the wipers all the way on or getting the spray. Not sure why they did it, or if anything can be done to mod it.
This was one of the first things I noticed about my 1999. Interestingly enough, my wife used to have a 2002 Camry that had a mist function. All you had to do was push the wiper switch up to wipe the mist away and it would fall back into the 'off' position. Even though we haven't had that car for a long time, I still find myself trying to push up on the Cruisers wiper stalk.... I haven't broke it, yet. If the stalk wasn't so pricey, I would try to swap them out and just do away with the rear wiper. The Camry also had a position on the headlight stalk to disable the DRLs that I liked.

Last edited:
This was one of the first things I noticed about my 1999. Interestingly enough, my wife used to have a 2002 Camry that had a mist function. All you had to do was push the wiper switch up to wipe the mist away and it would fall back into the 'off' position. Even though we haven't had that car for a long time, I still find myself trying to push up on the Cruisers wiper stalk.... I haven't broke it, yet. If the stalk wasn't so pricey, I would try to swap them out and just do away with the rear wiper. The Camry also had a position on the headlight stalk to disable the DRLs that I liked.

I couldn't live without my rear wiper. I wouldn't be able to see at all in the snow out my rear glass if it weren't for my rear wiper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom