Window runs - new (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a note to say that installing new window runs per FSM 98154, pg11-28 really does help with rattles and noise.

U don't need to remove the glass, just tweak it out of the way of the front lower run channel
(which is welded in place). Use silicone spray or similar, I used 303 Aerospace Protecterant ) on the rubber-felt,
the outside, to aid in sliding same into the channels.

Be sure to use 2 rags stuffed in the bottom. If u don't, u will
find out why I advise this. [requires long arm magnet retrieval device.].. Internal runs are done first, then do
the long over the top of the window; the corners(2) are obvious; what is not obvious is the run into the cavity. Make sure the runs in these lower channels are in the bottom side, toward the ground; this gives room for the long top run
(Fig 11-89) to fit properly. Don't forget to tighten the lower rear run (10mm);
which is difficult to put into place. This is where a nice, bright
small flash lite is handy.
:banana::banana: job

:bounce:

Last edited:
What type of runs did you buy? From who? How much? What year/model Cruiser did you put them in?

Oh yeah, pics?

X 2 on everything.

John

I didn't take any pics; the ones in the FSM are really quite well done.

The FSM shows how to get the Glass out of the cavity, which is not necessary when replacing the runs.

Part numbers (Toyota OEM):
Long run = 68105-90302 $63.50/each 2 required

Short run = 67434-90300 $8.00/each 4 required

This is for 1980 FJ-40. In the stock configuration, my FJ40 has solid felt for the short runs; which have been replaced with above part #'s.

I purchased from dealer (Stevenson Toyota). C-dan will probably give better prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom