Winch Solenoid Mounting in Engine Bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some inspiration for where to mount my winch solenoid in the engine bay and the wire routing.

This is for a CBI Front bumper and requires the solenoid to be mounted separately and I would rather not have it in front of the radiator (where it was originally on the truck I got the bumper from)..

I was planning on where the 2nd battery is normally located, but the cable routing is pretty bad with sharp edges above the transmission cooler being an issue for routing.

Also where are you putting the control plug, I was thinking on the bumper itself.... Not sure where yet, I do not want to open up the hood to plug it in, and I do not use a remote control or in cab controls.

The Winch is a Warn Zeon 12S

thanks

Looking for some inspiration for where to mount my winch solenoid in the engine bay and the wire routing.

This is for a CBI Front bumper and requires the solenoid to be mounted separately and I would rather not have it in front of the radiator (where it was originally on the truck I got the bumper from)..

I was planning on where the 2nd battery is normally located, but the cable routing is pretty bad with sharp edges above the transmission cooler being an issue for routing.

Also where are you putting the control plug, I was thinking on the bumper itself.... Not sure where yet, I do not want to open up the hood to plug it in, and I do not use a remote control or in cab controls.

The Winch is a Warn Zeon 12S

thanks
There are a few locations that come to mind:
-rearward from the fuse-box, under the hood
-beside the power steering reservoir
-rearward from the air filter (passenger side)

I'd be biased to something on the driver's side, since it will require less total length of wire. I'm considering moving mine higher, but may just create a bracket high up in front of the radiator, to avoid running too much additional cable. For reference, I tend to use wireless control or Warn HUB cell phone control.

Here's mine in the passenger back corner using a Slee accessory tray. Wiring from winch to control box along inner fender and then positive power to the battery along the back. Down side of this is that accessing the fuse box below the accessory would be a PITA. Thankfully, that hasn't happened to me yet.

IMG_0247.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom