winch mount question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a winch and plan to create a mounting plate. This center piece existed when I got the truck. The bumper is 5" wide -- 1/4" C channel.

The current center piece needs to go. The welds on the bumper side aren't intact -- the plate separated from the bumper.

Am I fine mimicking this setup -- weld the plate to the bumper but then bolt the plate to the frame crossmember under the front (so the bumper could theoretically be removed) -- with better welds and the correct mounting holes for the winch? Or something else?

Thanks in advance!

1694276687261.png

Last edited:
I have a winch and plan to create a mounting plate. This center piece existed when I got the truck. The bumper is 5" wide -- 1/4" C channel.

The current center piece needs to go. The welds on the bumper side aren't intact -- the plate separated from the bumper.

Am I fine mimicking this setup -- weld the plate to the bumper but then bolt the plate to the frame crossmember under the front (so the bumper could theoretically be removed) -- with better welds and the correct mounting holes for the winch? Or something else?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 3424290

What winch do you have?

In general principle, I am in favor of mounting a winch feet-first on a vertical plate welded directly to the bumper.

This might be your easiest option. No need to remove any of the old plate or brackets unless you want to. Simply bolts to the top of the frame and has the bolt mounting pattern that will fit your winch. Just make sure to buy the right version for you winches fairlead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom