Will Interior Door Panels From A '79 Pig Fit A '74?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Iwanna say yes, but have not actually tried...sorry, that's not what you were lookin for. pretty sure the regs and door pull mounts are the same, but do not know about the retainer hole placement...

It is the retainer hole placement that is my big question...

Wow, SOR shows a lot of versions on the front door panels!
Breaks at 10/69, 6/70, 9/72, 9/73, 8/76, and 1/79.
http://www.sor.com/catproducts.sor?from=128&part.number=128-03&tabpage=TAB1
My '74 is a 9/73 build so I guess it could have 2 possible options for door panels.
Not sure what changes - if retainer hole placement changes accross those...
Looks like same breaks for rear doors.
:frown:
If anyone has any wisdom on whether I can mount interior panels from a '79 (don't know what month it was built) on my '74 doors, let me know.
Thanks!

Patience, Grasshopper. One of these days we're going to have to try to fit Boss Hog's '78 door panels into the '69...

Cargo panel retainer holes do differ. Tried putting some stock 75 or 78 (cannot remember) into my 71 and they did not line up which I found surprising.
Pretty sure the doors are compatible.

Cargo panel retainer holes do differ. Tried putting some stock 75 or 78 (cannot remember) into my 71 and they did not line up which I found surprising.
Pretty sure the doors are compatible.

My experience also. Close, but no cigar. Some holes match, some don't. I made it work, more or less.
Since backing panels usually show the effects of age, you could build new cargo panels to match body mounting holes and transfer the upholstered covers to them. That's on the "someday" list for me.

I looked at SOR again, on the chance this thread could help someone else, and looked up door shells and window regulators.

Door shells cut at 9/73 and then again at 9/77.
I think the 9/73 cut-off was when they dropped the wing windows, yes? So I must have a very early non-wing windowed Pig.
Was the 9/77 change when they went to rounded corners on the front door window frame?

Window regulators changed at 9/73 & 9/75. Not sure what changed for the doors in 9/75. Note, I was looking at front doors for this...

Are you talking the cargo panels? Or door panels?
Or all the above? :)

Cargo panels. But I've lost track of where the door panels on my Pig came from (sold the originals before deciding to do my restomod) so there could be differences there also.

I think all the SOR differences are the patterns on the panels, pretty sure the panels are the same. I'm the one working on getting the 4 front doors reproduced, hopefully they will work for everyone. Pics and details soon ...

Tucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom