Will be looking for a new caretaker soon...1964 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello hello. We bought her 2 years ago from a member here via BaT when we were a small family, but with twins coming in February and poor compression in 1 cylinder, it's time to move on to something bigger. This is not an official for sale ad or anything, I just wanted to let you guys here know in case you knew of someone who is looking for a SWB, they can PM me.
IMG_0147.jpg
Body and paint are near perfect, interior is near perfect, needs a head gasket and some brake work.
IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_7290.JPG
IMG_9379.jpg

Be brave put a price on its head and start the madness.
Still locating receipts, but somewhere in the $30-35k range is what I'm into it for. Would like to get that out. Again, I'll fix up a proper for sale ad soon but this is a small and active community (FJ45s) though maybe someone here might be looking and I'd let them know first is all.

Better fix the mechanicals if you want 35k? And be a short stature to drive a shorty fixed top!
Thanks for your input. Yes, it is tight for me (6'1''). Our 2 boys, 2 and 7, fit just fine though. So, if anyone knows a 2 or a 7 year old in the market for a SWB 45, please pass it along.

I agree with Whitey, the body and inside look great but the running gear should be close to that or at least no problems. How many miles on the engine and trans, to overhaul those two is real expensive if you have it done upwards of 5-10 K depending how deep you go. Keep us posted.

I agree with Whitey, the body and inside look great but the running gear should be close to that or at least no problems. How many miles on the engine and trans, to overhaul those two is real expensive if you have it done upwards of 5-10 K depending how deep you go. Keep us posted.
Yeah, there’s no trans issue, and the reason for a head gasket was poor compression nothing more. One of my reasons for putting a feeler out was that maybe someone has an engine that they would want to put in it rather than having this anyways.

Yeah, there’s no trans issue, and the reason for a head gasket was poor compression nothing more. One of my reasons for putting a feeler out was that maybe someone has an engine that they would want to put in it rather than having this anyways.
Putting it here is a good honest move. When it does come down to brass tacks, you might want to consider paying for the new head gasket and putting it back on BAT or fleabay. One thing about the bay though, most trucks don't sell until a couple of go arounds or even an off the block sale after.

Super cool to give the MUD guy the chance but more money (and in all fairness more headaches) can come from the other impersonal seller sites. Also don't forget Hemmings classifieds.

Good luck.

Putting it here is a good honest move. When it does come down to brass tacks, you might want to consider paying for the new head gasket and putting it back on BAT or fleabay. One thing about the bay though, most trucks don't sell until a couple of go arounds or even an off the block sale after.

Super cool to give the MUD guy the chance but more money (and in all fairness more headaches) can come from the other impersonal seller sites. Also don't forget Hemmings classifieds.

Good luck.
Thanks. I wouldn’t turn down more money, but really I’d be happy to get out what I have into it and move to something that’ll fit a bigger family, maybe a 43 or something similar. When I get my stuff together I’ll put a proper ad up here. I’d like to avoid CL and eBay.

Who’s icon is that?

Those were the Icon guys doing a test drive. Their shop is 20 mins away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom