Why did you choose your front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are ARB's known to rattle after some time?
I don't think it would rattle just driven on pavement. But washboard roads and bumping some ledges and mine would loosen up and rattle.
On a some big ledge hits it would dent the bottom of my fender. Readjusting it and tightening the bolts would take care of the rattle until next time.

@Live to Ski No jack points or tow points on my ARB. Part of their Air Bag support design.

I think the newer ARB's come with jack points though right?

yes I believe to each side of the license plate there's a little cutout where a Hi-Lift would slot in and jack pretty much directly at the frame rails

I chose an ARB 03+ bar because LCs and ARB bumpers just look like they're meant for each other

Your setup looks really clean. Can you talk about it? How much lift are you running and what tire size? Thanks!

thanks for the kind words. I’ll pm you since this is a bumper thread.

I’ve been eying the TJM T13. Anyone have recent experience?

I decided to go with the Victory Strike bumper with bull bar. As with a lot of people, my decision was highly motivated by the additional protection that comes with an aftermarket bumper in regards to animal strikes.

I chose the Victory because:
-I can get a full bull bar
-Weight is reasonable
-I like the look (different than the ARB, Ironman profile, though I do love those, too)
-It does not stick too far forward (This was SUPER important to me as I want to maintain the flow of my garage)

Should be getting my bumper in the next few weeks! A weekend in the shop to powder coat and install and I'll throw up some pictures. Being really new to the 100 Series scene, there are very few photos of Land Cruisers wearing Victory gear, so I plan on posting quite a few photos to help people decide if the Victory bumper is right for them.

Website Photos
V100FS-B_1.jpg

V100FS-B_2.jpg

V100FS-B_4.jpg

V100FS-B_3.jpg

TJM T-13. Like others I purchased mine to prevent my LX from (hopefully) being totaled in the event of a deer strike. Last week I had a car turn infront of me... car was pretty messed up but all my bumper got was some additional silver paint.
IMG_3046.jpg

TJM T-13. Like others I purchased mine to prevent my LX from (hopefully) being totaled in the event of a deer strike. Last week I had a car turn infront of me... car was pretty messed up but all my bumper got was some additional silver paint.View attachment 2488690

I've heard one poster say the ARB bumper rattles, that would put it out of the running for me. Your bumper looks great! Any issues so far with it?

I like the rubber pads on the ARB (and similar) should I bump somebody it may keep the damage down.

I've noticed that cars now get out of my way and are less likely to pull out in front of me with the bumper.

I like the rubber pads on the ARB (and similar) should I bump somebody it may keep the damage down.

I've noticed that cars now get out of my way and are less likely to pull out in front of me with the bumper.

I have the Dissent steel bumper. I would agree that most people seem to make fewer last moment maneuvers into my path of travel. :hillbilly:

Looked @ victory web site.

Don't see any ref to airbag compatibility. Any one know differently?

You're going to find very few manufacturers that have any sort of airbag compatibility testing. It's cost prohibitive for small businesses (which most are) to buy and total multiple vehicles for the sake of air bag testing. Big companies like ARB and TJM are the exceptions.

You're going to find very few manufacturers that have any sort of airbag compatibility testing. It's cost prohibitive for small businesses (which most are) to buy and total multiple vehicles for the sake of air bag testing. Big companies like ARB and TJM are the exceptions.

Don't the Australian aftermarket manufacturers have to do this? So the Aussie bumpers should be able to provide this.

Here in the good ol' US of A we don't have to worry about such inconveniences :worms:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom