Why did you choose your front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all!
Considering a winch and front bumper, just curious what everyone has and why they chose that one. (Bonus points for a winch too!)

ARB since they are designed to work with the airbags, designed to take a front on hit with a full sized animal, were actually fairly competitively priced and I found d a place that would ship them immediately with no shipping cost!

It does weigh a lot, sticks out too much and my wife thinks it has ruined the looks of my cruiser 🙄

I run a Smittybilt XRC 9500 lbs winch with nylon rope (to save weight). It was on $350 with the rope and has pulled me out of the soup several times.

Finally, I ran this winch behind the factory plastic bumper for about a year on a hidden winch mount and it worked great!

Had I not destroyed my plastic bumper on trails and had I not been worried about hitting deer in our neck of the woods, I would have stayed with the plastic bumper.

Lots of deer strike opportunities in AR Sometimes wild hogs. I hit a deer in one of my previous vehicles.

I love the ARB bumbers, I want one eventually for my 100, however my budget likes the TJM minimal better.

TJM T17 - cheap, light, minimalist, clean look. All things I like.

Bump It Offroad tube bumper. I like the look of tube bumpers, and I didn't want to worry about too much excess weight up front. It also happened to cost much less than any other option.
It weighs 80 lbs without the winch. Mounted a 12k Badland winch.

Ironman4x4 - Basically an ARB knockoff. Fairly light weight, plenty strong. Price was decent and free shipping where others charge $100 plus dollars to ship.
driveway.jpg

I was torn... On one hand, I wanted a bumper. On the other hand, I wanted a sculpture. Then I saw the Dissent... ;)

TJM, light, sits tighter to front than most for approach angles, good rock and branch protection. I prefer the factory recovery points so no issue there. I do prefer the dissent bumpers for all of the above. If I did it again I would get the dissent.

M8000. Lighter, true pull rating, good warranty, reliable.

I was torn... On one hand, I wanted a bumper. On the other hand, I wanted a sculpture. Then I saw the Dissent... ;)

This is pretty much where I was. I really like the look of the Dissent bumper.

As for a winch, if I had it to do over again, I would buy the $600 Harbor Freight one that is a copy of the Warn Zeon. I have the Zeon and I have only ever used it once because everyone I go out with usually has a winch. I am pretty sure that the 20% off coupon works on it. Just look on HFQPDB.com for a coupon when you are ready to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom