Why Cruiser Outfitters & About Us (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
The Company:
Cruiser Outfitters was started more than 17 years ago by a couple of local Land Cruiser enthusiasts in order to serve the growing needs of Utah's Toyota Land Cruiser community. Cruiser Outfitters quickly became renown for tub re-skins, spring over axle conversions, power steering swaps and diesel power plants long before they became common vernacular within the community. Cruiser Outfitters has been a leader in the fabrication and sales of serious off road and expedition products in Utah since that time. Past owner Darrell Noorda was ready for his next big adventure in life and left the company to seek a commercial diving career in the Gulf of Mexico. The wealth of information and innovation Darrell left behind was second to none. The legend he leaves behind will always have a home at Cruiser Outfitters. In 2001 at the hands of Kurt Williams, Cruiser Outfitters turned its efforts to primarily sales of new and used parts only, specializing in certain custom fabrication procedures rather than general maintenance, swaps, etc.

The Owner:
Kurt Williams has been a Land Cruiser owner since the time he was 15, starting with a rusty 68' FJ40 that soon became his high school ride & weekend wheeler. His strong love of Land Cruisers combined with business management skills has made Cruiser Outfitters a strong competitor in the four wheel drive retail industry, choosing to deal exclusively with the Toyota segment. As a member of several 4x4 clubs & associations Kurt can often be found exploring and guiding Utah's back country, spending 50+ days a year out on the trail, whether its just along for the trip or planning and hosting trips for customers from all over North America. In 2006, Kurt with the help of several partners launched the ExpeditionUtah.com site, dedicated to the researching and planning of overland trips in Utah and the surrounding states. Kurt is a Mechanical Engineering graduate from the University of Utah with an emphasis in automotive design/fabrication. Kurt's collegiate projects often revolved around Land Cruisers, from designing, fabricating and installing a 2F TBI system for his freshman project to spending over a year designing, fabricating and competing in a single seat off-road buggy as part of his senior capstone project. Along the way Kurt worked on projects such as snorkel design using high-tech solid modeling interfaces and complex suspension designs using proprietary CAD software's. During the 2005-2007 seasons, Kurt competed in the United Rockcrawling and Offroad Challenge Series (UROC), pairing up with driver Carl Whitmore at events all over the US. Kurt and his wife Candace live in Sandy, Utah with their dog Jada.

Affiliations:
Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association (U4WDA) - President 03'-07', Historian 07' - 09'
Toyota Land Cruiser Association - Member
Wasatch Cruiser Club - Landuse Officer, 2003 - 2004, & 08'
ExpeditionUtah - Staff Member
Tacoma Territory - Member
Red Rock 4 Wheelers - Member
Utah Shared Access Alliance (Usa-All) - Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition - Member
United Four Wheel Drive Association - Member

The Company Plan:
Cruiser Outfitters small size and informed staff allow us to keep our customers satisfied. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and through our extensive testing and product knowledge we continue to meet the quality and expectations our customers deserve. We don't just sell the parts that started getting popular yesterday, we've been dealing with these parts for years and years. We've installed these parts, we've modified these parts and most importantly we run these parts in our own rigs!

For more information on the Utah Land Cruiser shop scene:
The Utah Cruiser Chronicle - By Kurt Williams.

Kurt will do whatever it takes to make a customer happy.

Many thanks Kurt for your time speaking on the phone and via e-mail. It is always a pleasure to do buisiness with you and have yet to have a negative experience. Not an easy task these days! Any time I have started another project I try to start with your site for parts.

Thanks,
Bret

Kurt continues to be the Best MUD vendor I've ever dealt with. From answering the same questions over and over about an OME suspension setup (because I never wrote down his suggestions) to tech questions regarding anything under the sun Kurt is excellent.

He's made suggestions on projects I'm working on with no personal gain for himself, just real good advice.

Did I mention fast shipping everytime I've ordered?

Seriously...

Buy from him.

Kurt,

Just a note of thanks for your time and consideration. I placed an order for a front axle rebuild kit a few weeks ago and everything was correct, well priced and shipped appropriately and quickly. Also, thanks for being so polite on the phone. This can only be said about a small handfull of vendors. I'm sure I'll contact you again in the future!

Josh Bouldin
President
Upstate Cruisers

Thanks

After reading all of the positive feedback here about Kurt (and other Mud vendors) I decided to shy away from my usual "find the part # and order from whatever random vendor pops up on the web" mentality and pick up the phone - and talk to a Person. A Real person with more invested than just filling a random, voiceless order & shipping it hoping for "positive feedback". Man, was that Refreshing!

Anyway, thanks Kurt for taking the time to answer a phone, look up part numbers, and be sure that your customer is getting what they Need, and getting it out Quick so we can get back to this addiction known as the Land Cruiser.. It's good to do business with people who genuinely want to help. I'm sure we will talk again - I'm sure not done buying parts.. :cheers:

Jason

After reading all of the positive feedback here about Kurt (and other Mud vendors) I decided to shy away from my usual "find the part # and order from whatever random vendor pops up on the web" mentality and pick up the phone - and talk to a Person. A Real person with more invested than just filling a random, voiceless order & shipping it hoping for "positive feedback". Man, was that Refreshing!

Anyway, thanks Kurt for taking the time to answer a phone, look up part numbers, and be sure that your customer is getting what they Need, and getting it out Quick so we can get back to this addiction known as the Land Cruiser.. It's good to do business with people who genuinely want to help. I'm sure we will talk again - I'm sure not done buying parts.. :cheers:

Jason

Thanks Jason, I really appreciate it! :cool:

The service Kurt provides is second to none. Thanks again!

The service Kurt provides is second to none. Thanks again!

Thank you! You should have received a tracking number this afternoon, everything went out as planned :D

Just placed my first telephone order with Kurt, getting some FZJ80 axle rebuild kits. Excellent customer service and really quick shipping--highly recommend him to anyone else!

Kurt:
Looking for someone to fabricate a set of metal half doors 75+ FJ40 similar to what pilgrim used to sell. Can you assist with this?

Kurt:
Looking for someone to fabricate a set of metal half doors 75+ FJ40 similar to what pilgrim used to sell. Can you assist with this?

Sorry, nothing we could accommodate at this time. We have sidelined all of our custom the last few years focusing on retail/wholesale sales and our in shop customer builds. Wish I had a better answer for you. Good luck and thanks for checking!

I recently bought a used axle, supposedly "never run since it was built" with ARB and 4.88's. Turns out it wasn't as advertised.

Kurt spent I don't know how much time trying to find me a replacement spider gear - going so far as having the ARB rep dig through old parts and sending me what he thought was the right part.

Unfortunately in the end, there was no part to be found - but Kurt came through with an awesome price on a new ARB and got it shipped out quickly. As a result, I made it to Moab for cruise moab weekend, and even ran into him there!

I can't thank Kurt enough for his time trying to resolve a problem on a part he didn't sell! Great guy, great products.

He'll definitely be my first call in the future!

Jeff

Thanks again Jeff, it was an absolute pleasure getting to meet you in person down in Moab. You've got a great Cruiser! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom