Who's gettin high? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

969AE2C2-B632-4EF1-9B4D-E6EB11AA4B27.jpeg
Best I can do.

kinda high...

0422181254a-jpg.1684155

oops just realized this is the 120 section...I can remove if desired. That's what happens when I jump over from the "new posts" window... let me know

No problem, that's a badass rig. How's the 2F run up that high? (If that's what you have)

No problem, that's a badass rig. How's the 2F run up that high? (If that's what you have)
Thanks gents! JackA's LV runs the 2F and does pretty darn good, my tan FJ40 has a Tuned Port injected 5.7 and doesn't mind elevation changes.

I will say that being in the business, Ive been saying now for the last couple years that as the 80 series LC's get older, and people are looking for their next rig, the GX platform was one of the best kept secrets around. Sure enough, more and more people are figuring it out and are seeing more and more modded GX/Prados driving around. V8 power, great size, etc - also seeing more vendors here coming out with accessories, etc for these rigs!

Cheers and enjoy! Thanks for being a welcoming bunch

Murf

Last edited:
Thanks gents! JackA's LV runs the 2F and does pretty darn good, my tan FJ40 has a Tuned Port injected 5.7 and doesn't mind elevation changes.

I will say that being in the business, Ive been saying now for the last couple years that as the 80 series LC's get older, and people are looking for their next rig, the GX platform was one of the best kept secrets around. Sure enough, more and more people are figuring it out and are seeing more and more modded GX/Prados driving around. V8 power, great size, etc - also seeing more vendors here coming out with accessories, etc for these rigs!

Cheers and enjoy! Thanks for being a welcoming bunch

Murf

What's up Murf!!!! Todd here, you helped me with my 80 on a few occasions.....moved to the GX and couldn't be happier. Hope you're doing well :beer:.

--t

No handy pics but was at 7000' last weekend. MUCH nicer than being home in the Valley of the Sun!!!

No handy pics but was at 7000' last weekend. MUCH nicer than being home in the Valley of the Sun!!!

Hi Todd, glad to hear from you and your enjoying the switch to the GX. You should bring it on the CSC run of the month, August 18-20th (next weekend) to the cooler elevation North Rim of the Grand Canyon & White Pocket. We could get a pic of your rig at the edge - That would be perfect for this thread from James C :cool:

August ROTM 2018

Hi Todd, glad to hear from you and your enjoying the switch to the GX. You should bring it on the CSC run of the month, August 18-20th (next weekend) to the cooler elevation North Rim of the Grand Canyon & White Pocket. We could get a pic of your rig at the edge - That would be perfect for this thread from James C :cool:

August ROTM 2018

If I wasnt emergency moving this month! I would be on that like a fat kid on a snickers. Things I have learned when your landlord asks if you want to buy the place RUN LIKE HELL!

Last edited:
Gosh the North Rim is great, I'd love to go back.

Flying home from an awesome weekend in Colorado - we were cruising national forest land around 10,000ft but unfortunately not in a GX!

Had the GX up on top of Middle mountain above Vallecito Colorado with the family. Super mellow road but some great views, I think it tops out just shy of 11k feet, but our house up there is about 8k feet so it's not much of a drive the picture is where we dropped down the other side back into the trees.
IMG_20180715_161602.jpg

Had the GX up on top of Middle mountain above Vallecito Colorado with the family. Super mellow road but some great views, I think it tops out just shy of 11k feet, but our house up there is about 8k feet so it's not much of a drive the picture is where we dropped down the other side back into the trees.View attachment 1767048
Are those stock size tires or 265/70? Thanks

Not all that high by CO standards but a road less traveled.

021D97C8-5EB6-4824-AAFB-A1F0EE0DF600.jpeg

If it's open, I'll take Old Monarch Pass road rather than Hwy 50.

Old Monarch was the last of six passes we ran a year ago: Marshall Pass, Tincup Pass, Cumberland Pass, Waunita Pass, Black Sage Pass and Old Monarch.

I failed to take the obligatory photos of all the pass signs.

007.JPG
014.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom