Who wants a 6-pack on me? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RevISK

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a fellow 40 owner in central/South Austin ideally to take a gander and listen to my 40 and help me ensure I’m not f’ing anything up since I’m actually driving her a ton now. Drivetrain and engine tune is what I am mostly having questions about.

I’ve been tweaking the carb (Weber 32/36, I know I know, I didn’t put it on there but it’s what’s on there now for the time being) and I feel like I’m leaving some power/performance on the table. It’s running well, and it seems to get better with each tweak but I’d love for someone to take her for a spin and let me know if I’m chasing my own tail or not.

Anyway, if someone has the time and/or inclination to meet up or swing by my place (tools and stuff) in the next few to several days I’d be eternally grateful.

Thanks gang,
Ian
IMG_0421.jpeg

Me as a wee lad in 1991? In my ‘75.

Why don't you take it by AJ's shop? It'll cost you more than a 6 pack, but he knows his :poop:.
First, he’s super busy.
Second, I don’t really think it’s “take it to a mechanic” land, it’s more “does this seem like I’m on the right track with the tune?”

I’m not trying to get free work out of anyone, just thought if someone was willing to take a look/listen/drive.

I’m probably being overly dramatic and she’s fine, just want a second opinion on the work I’ve done/am doing.

Thanks.
Ian

Are you running a fuel pressure regulator? I visited BTB/Man-a-fre in Nevada a few weeks ago. We talked about the fact that they only use webers on their xF engines, and they emphasized that the mechanical Toyota fuel pump puts out too much pressure for the Weber.

Are you running a fuel pressure regulator? I visited BTB/Man-a-fre in Nevada a few weeks ago. We talked about the fact that they only use webers on their xF engines, and they emphasized that the mechanical Toyota fuel pump puts out too much pressure for the Weber.
No sir. Filter and mechanical fuel pump is all.
I did read something about the pressure being too high so that may be something to consider.

Thanks

@JohnnyFish, this thread looks interesting?

Well, that muddies the waters: Jeep filter, regulator, no regulator…

I should probably just try and find an Aisin carb/air cleaner to get me by until I go sniper. But I’d rather figure out if I am indeed missing something here.

It’s been so long since I’ve driven a 40 other than this one, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got more headroom buried in this girl….

Stop by the shop. We can drink my beer and I’ll help you figure out what you need. 😎
You are a prince AJ.
I’m grounded via a fried voltage regulator. Put a couple hundred miles on the girl over the last couple weeks and today my battery decided to start bubbling over. Further analysis revealed an overcharge of 17.5 and climbing. Further further inspection revealed a toasted VR…

IMG_0543.jpeg

You are a prince AJ.
I’m grounded via a fried voltage regulator. Put a couple hundred miles on the girl over the last couple weeks and today my battery decided to start bubbling over. Further analysis revealed an overcharge of 17.5 and climbing. Further further inspection revealed a toasted VR…

View attachment 3520243
Yikes! My 78 had a weber with a fuel regulator on in when I bought it. It ran ok but I wanted to use the stock air cleaner so I bought a city racer carb and swapped it out. Runs great now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom