White letter out - got a pic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, stupid vain question but it's keeping me up. On every 4x4 I've owned including two other Cruisers, a pickup, Rover and Jeep I've always keep the black lettering out on my tires.

As I await the arrival of some BFG KO2s for my 200 I'm thinking of trying white letters out.

Anyone running white-out with a pic to share? Even better on a black truck.

Sorry for the vanity post.

Thx,
Carl

Sent from my iPhone

White lettering outside?...Never.

I look at it simply as 4 less things to scrub with steel wool. Not to mention that other drivers will become disoriented when they see the huge "WAL-MART" markings. :bang:

Steve

I installed my KO2's with the black letters out. Don't like the white letters much.
IMG_2275.jpg

White lettering versus black is a personal decision. I too prefer the black letters over the white, but I do remember back when white were the rage.
Then again, you could go with a white wall...
th

I'm old school - some would argue, just old; but I like the Raised White Letters (RWL) on the outside where I can see them, and where I can easily clean them - rather than just watch them become dirtier and dirtier on the inside of the wheel where I can NOT easily clean them.

ToyotaLC200_1_19JAN13_zps85df5db6.jpg

Also, when mounted in the spare location, RWL are protected:

LC200TrailerConnector_22AUG_zps8c9d6272.jpg

But ... this time of year, everybody's running whitewalls anyway:

LC200SnowWeb_07DEC13_zpsc96b89d6.jpg

:cheers:

You guys aren't making it easy for me to break with tradition! lol!

Sent from my iPhone

Recommended Weight Limit :hillbilly: :cheers:

file.php

Raised White Lettering...

I like the old school look of only the BFG KO white out. Reminds of the older 4x4s. But partial to only BFG. Here is a pic of my old black 4runner white out.

DSC02418.JPG

Not 1 car I've ever owned had white lettering out. Always the dark side for me.

Maybe you guys are right, it's an old school thing. Maybe I should do it on my 60 - that's old school. :)

Sent from my iPhone

What is all this "White Lettering Out" talk?!

We call it "Laces Out".

Laces Out is old school. I think it looks great on an FJ40. I don't have anything against it on a 200; I personally went with Laces In.

Let your inner traditionalist shine through with "laces out" (nice one @MScruiser ) if you like. It's not permanent, a quick trip to your wheel tech can always flip it.

"Laces Out" I like the sound of that!

Sent from my iPhone

I let the tire tech decide as usually I couldn't care much at the moment when new tires are getting mounted, all i think of is getting to the desert to test them out, i just ask them to make sure all tyres are all black out or white out...

This time
20151024_161954.jpg

thread LINK

Some pics of a white 200 with RWLs out, 35s!

I do have to say that an all white with laces out, looks damn spiffy... especially on 35s!
img_06691-jpg.1161702

(from above link)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom