White Knuckle 66.5" or 69"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can someone post a pic of the most forward mount to frame on the passenger side area?

It's hard to get a good pic but here you go. On my 97 the front passenger side mounts to the frame using 4 factory threaded holes. Mine were ordered for use with drop brackets.

Here is the pic.

20170505_081004.jpg

Step sliders fabbed with 4x Innovations kit. I keep my flaps on for the road and remove for the trails.

IMG_9014.JPG
IMG_9016.JPG
IMG_9018.JPG

On the trail - Covers the essential goodies.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 10.45.37 AM.jpg

Are you guys sure about the 10% discount for cash pick up?

Still offering the cash/pickup 10% off. Ordered mine today. 69" DOM with 15* angle...4-6 weeks till pickup :cool:

What's that 15* angle?
The step is angled up 15*?

Yeah...standard is 20. They can go down to 10*, but that seems a bit flat for me when looking at the photos. 15* will give me a bit more of a step while providing some "slidability"

:princess: drives it most of the time and taking the OEM steps away for sliders would ruin my life.
Take some pics, will you?
Gotta see how that angle looks like.

Last edited:
:princess: drives utmost of the time and taking the OEM steps away for sliders would ruin my life.
Take some pics, will you?
Gotta see how that angle looks like.
Dragos80 - See my above pics, I was in a similar situation - I needed the steps so that :princess: and the :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:'s could get into the truck. That's why I chose to build step sliders from 1.25 DOM under the pinch welds and 2x4" 3/16" HREW in the same place the step used to be. Solves all of the problems. Easy to get in, slides off a ledge.

BIOR makes something like that too. Looks stock. But it's seem too flat and offers no increase in clearance on the sides. Well, one can argue the low hanging CATs don't help in that respect at all, so it's all a compromise.

Bout to place the order. Need to determine if I want to go 66.5 (easy for mud flap retention) or 69 (full coverage). Looking for pics of a lifted 80 with either. Specifically, if anyone has the 69" with notched mudflaps that would be much appreciated. TIA...:beer:

Eric, I have the short boards with the mudflaps. John said he felt that was the best compromise between protection and cosmetics, if you wanted to keep your mudflaps

Last edited:
I think I got my idea from BIOR - but I do my own builds, and I used 2x4 instead of 2x6". Plus, the rectangle is just basically a very stout outrigger, the round DOM underneath takes the brunt of the rocks.

Eric, I have the long boards with the mudflaps.

Thanks Gil...order the long version yesterday. Summer's just around the corner! :beer::beer:

I've had my 69" 10* White Knuckle sliders for a couple of years now. I got the 10* with the diamond plate covers for the wife and kid to get in easier. Didn't have any issues with scraping in Moab last week. Only part that ever touched was the cat protector doing its job. Great product! Hopefully you have someone to help with the install, I didn't and it was rough benchpressing those things into place!
IMG_0870.JPG

Have a question on these sliders. I think I'm sold on the 69" with 15* angle, but not educated enough about the front control arm drop bracket. The truck is at stock height now, but will get a 4" or 6" lift next year. Do I get them for the drop brackets and is that something I can put on the truck at stock height so I can use the sliders now?

I called White Knuckle and they were very pleasant. She forwarded me to their production guy for an answer, but I was hoping for some input here as well.

What type of caster correction do you want to have?
Bushings? Plates? Drop brackets?

Once you figure that one out, you will know what sliders you want.

If you don't plan on getting brackets, then don't stress it.

Have a question on these sliders. I think I'm sold on the 69" with 15* angle, but not educated enough about the front control arm drop bracket. The truck is at stock height now, but will get a 4" or 6" lift next year. Do I get them for the drop brackets and is that something I can put on the truck at stock height so I can use the sliders now?

I called White Knuckle and they were very pleasant. She forwarded me to their production guy for an answer, but I was hoping for some input here as well.
I’d get the lift dialed in first, then you’ll know for sure if you’re going to need the drop brackets.

@ewillis, do you know how much the sliders weight? Are these drop bracket compatible?

As much as I like my OPOR sliders I like the idea of running drop brackets
I believe the PS with the cat guard is 90#. They’re stout. He can fab them with or without drop brackets. On their website you just choose with or without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom