Which winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted and searched, and it was clear that the 8274 is a perfect match for an fj40.

For this reason, I waited until finding one in Canada ($550 shipped to my door).
One week later a buddy was selling his for the same Amt (now sold).
If you can wait, you should keep you eyes open...you might even find one for less $
(I believe these are $1,200 new from warn).

If you go Saginaw steering in the future, the 8274 will easily accommodate the steering box in front.

If you can't wait, I would go w/warn's 8000 magnum winch...I believe they are $500 new?

good luck,
manny

I've got the 8274 up front and it's been a great performer, but the one in the right seat just won't shut up.

Mile Marker. Cheap, lots of power, 3/8" cable 100' of it, did I mention cheap

I like the Superwinch ep9.0. You can get if for $600 and it comes with roller fairlead and snatch block. It's got some pretty cool features and my favorite is the way the drum brake is set up. You can winch out under load without heating up the drum. This is ideal if you plan on running synthetic rope.

No one has mentioned the T Max. Seems to be a pretty good winch for under 6 bills.

I went the cheaper route and bought a superwinch (supersuck!) last year and had it blow up after less than ten uses. I have a warn now and couldnt be happier and now I feel like I really have a quality product that won't let me down. Just my .02

Tony

apcoleman said:
I went the cheaper route and bought a superwinch (supersuck!) last year and had it blow up after less than ten uses. I have a warn now and couldnt be happier and now I feel like I really have a quality product that won't let me down. Just my .02

Tony

What model Superwinch did you have?

A used 8274 will last forever and you won't have to worry about it not working when you need it!

Later,

Bodean said:
A used 8274 will last forever and you won't have to worry about it not working when you need it!

Later,

Agreed...it just won't fit my TJM T3 bumper ;)

Anyone have experience with T-MAX winches out of AU? Less expensive, factory option on Nissan...
Just asking...

The 8274 will fit behind a stock bumper with little modification. Use a jeep mount with a little modification and got it mounted perfectly. Pulled Chevy out of a ditch the other day and it worked great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom