Where's Waldo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
AZ has some very diverse & beautiful places, not sure if we have done this before but I thought it would be interesting to post up some pictures from around the state to try and guess the location... I'm sure hints would be helpful for some areas, e.g. what national forest, state lands, private, or just general area. I'm not too familiar with the desert or western AZ but know the rest of the state fairly well.

So...
DSCN2104_zpsuwtssagm.jpg

I've heard this referred to as the million dollar bridge to nowhere...
DSCN2100_zpsxypia8lz.jpg

DSCN2098_zps3usguhdt.jpg

Great idea!

Is that bridge near yuma?

I thought the bridge to nowhere was in Yuma and it was a suspension bridge

• Latitude: 34° 31' 0.1" (34.5167°) north
  • Longitude: 110° 59' 18.5" (110.9885°) west
  • Elevation: 6,762 feet
Wiggins crossing up on the rim, there are few places this isolated where you can get away. Some nice camping spots out there, Turkey creek, double cabin, McGuire crossing.
Wiggins Crossing (Coconino County, Arizona): Community Profile

Wow first I thought of highway to nowhere out of Winslow then thought noway. This is in my backyard. Pass the the start of 99 once or twice a month on our trip to the big city to get groceries. That was on my list of things to do this summer. Talked about doing it for years. Neighbor told me a few weeks back of a old ranch that has tours of Indian ruins. Did you come out on SR 260 on the south end?

I can finally play. How about this spot in the northern part of the state.

Parking spot.jpg

Tree.jpg

Small canyon.jpg

Lone tree.jpg

WOW, That's a cool spot. cant wait to hear where it is....

:clap: White Pocket it is! Gorgeous spot and quite a bit off the beaten path but WELL worth it! For such a small area, you can spend days taking pictures. I recomend late monsoon season if taking photos. Like Ansel Adams said, nothing more boring than a bald headed sky...

White pocket 4.jpg

White pocket 5.jpg

White pocket 1.jpg

White pocket 2.jpg

White pocket 3.jpg

I have an easy one from my endless hours of nothing but a 14 on, 10 off schedule.
Had to stop, to stop vibrating. Job reminds me of an ex girlfriend....
NCM_0249.JPG

Sunset Point?

Thinking somewhere on I-17 as well. When my folks lived in Cottonwood would CTI rigs on 89a heading in and out of the cement plant just down off the from Jerome.

That's it, I have been making the trek daily, er, nightly for the last 7 days. Nice place to stop and take a break.

That's it, I have been making the trek daily, er, nightly for the last 7 days. Nice place to stop and take a break.

I may have driven past you on Friday when I was headed up to Prescott

I will play...starting with an easy one ~ name the mountain in the background

mnt.jpg

Bill Williams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom