Wheels Museum event info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, a little later than planned, but here it is.

tomorrow, around 12 noon show up. set up vehicles outside entrance. Embassy Suites Hotel at Lomas and I-25. it is the Wheels Museum event. the lady i have been in contact with first name is Leba. was it Dan that was interested besides Evan and Jon?

Shawn

Dang,

I'm working tomorrow...:frown:

OK, that leaves just me. Sorry.

any vehicles are welcome (preferably Toyota). we are basically under Malone Toyota since they are a sponsor. want to join Jon?

Shawn

I'm interested, and have nothing to do this afternoon, but I am still unsure of what it is? do I need to clean my truck up? how long should I plan on being there? etc...

The event is a fund raiser for the Wheels Museum that the city hopes to build in the downtown area where the old train station was a few years ago.

The event planners are asking local clubs of all kinds to bring down their vehicles. Karl Malone contacted Shawn to see if we could bring some off-road vehicles to the event. The event will be inside with all of the vehicles in some type of display. You probably will want to clean it up some but since ours are "off-road" vehicles, nobody should expect them to look like show cars.

Tonight, there will be an optional fund raiser event (dinner with the Mayor.) The cost is $75 plate and they encouraged us to attend but attendance is NOT mandatory the last that we heard.

Jon,
If you want to go but won't go if you are the only one then I'll run Pristine through the car wash and drive her down there. I have a bunch of errands to run and things to do but nothing important so let me know.

HTH
-Mike-
97 FZJ80

Last edited:
Jon has a white 85 4Runner. Won't be many like it so look for him.
-Mike-
97 FZJ80

Here is the latest as of 10:50 AM.

Jon and I are meeting at the Embassy Suites around 11:45AM. Ruadhrigh says he will also be there. There won't be time for any more messages here on 'Mud so show up if you can. Jon and I both have our cell phones and most of you have the phone numbers.

-Mike-
97 FZJ80

ok, i was given some bad info. the new info is- show up just before 5pm. people will see the vehicles outside the entrance on their way in. you can leave about 6pm. there will probably be a total of 5 or 6 vehicles with 2 of them being from HDC.

i guess i didn't convey very well that it is a small deal and that it isn't a real car show type of deal. i hope those that show up have a good time.

Shawn

the curator, Al, was asking if we had any types of signs... I'm not an member of the club yet, but if the club doesn't have any Id be willing to get something together. Does anyone have the club logo so that I could have it blown up?

The HDC club logo is in the "adapting to the transition" post. Right-click, Save-As. You should be able to enlarge it. I think that's what Dan used for t-shirts.
-Mike-
97 FZJ80

wow, what a turn out... I don't know if this picture really does justice to the event.... I left at about 6:15 at that time there was the fire truck (not very antique) a very beaten up Astro and my 80. I got dropped off about 9:30 and only my truck was there, not sure if Karl Malone ever brought anything. I hope this was not a normal club event :flipoff2: ... JK it was good to meet Mike and Jon, really looking forward to meeting more on the Xmas run.
1.JPG

was there many people going into the event? sounds like a bit of a bust for an event for us. i was hoping it would at least be a little more fun.

xmas tree run may be slower than usual too if we don't get some snow around here.:rolleyes:

I went inside about 9:30 and it seemed like there were a lot of people, but that they had left. And since I wasn't in my tux nobody wanted to talk to me. bastards.

I hope this was not a normal club event :flipoff2: ... JK it was good to meet Mike and Jon, really looking forward to meeting more on the Xmas run.

Rory,
We'll call this one a success since Mayor Marty didn't have your 80 towed to the city pound for being parked illegally. :D Looks good though and thanks for posting the pic.

The next meeting is at Jon's home on Saturday, Dec 9th plus we have the Christmas Tree run on Saturday, Dec 2nd.

-Mike-
97 FZJ80

Lurkers note: HDC is generally far less cheeseball than the Wheels benefit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom