Wheeling weekend - goodbye to FOO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
The new owner of FOO is coming down from Minnesota on the 23rd of April and hoping to wheel some down here on the 24th. Write that down on the calendar for a wheeling day -- somewhere.

Would love to go to SMORR, but that is adding 6 hours to their trip. Kansas Rocks just sucks if it is wet, so that is out for me.

There is a place up I-35 near Des Moines, but it is private.

I have heard of a place up north side of KC that is private property that people wheel on sometimes. Anyone know about that? Otherwise, Tuttle would be the best option.

1615226013012.png

I have the boys that weekend, so may be tough for me, but will try. Would love to see Foo wheel one last time, and what a cool departure!

Anybody have an old trailer axle laying around? Dane is taking a 80 tub with FOO so that he could possibly make FOO waterproof someday, so looking to make a dolly to make it easier to take on and off a trailer.

I talked to Dane (new FOO daddy) and we will see when he can get to KC to determine if we can head out Friday night, if not we will set the alarm clock and try to get up early to get to Tuttle to wheel.

I really, really need to get away, so this is great timing.

Just talked to Joey, and he is going to plan to take Lexi as well.

Anyone else can make it?

k

just curious, what location did you all decide to visit on this 23rd of April weekend? It really isn't clear.

just curious, what location did you all decide to visit on this 23rd of April weekend? It really isn't clear.
Kelly's last post indicated Tuttle, so I assume Rob and Sam have our usual loop in mind for camping. I have the boys, so we'll be shooting for the day trip at a minimum.

Grabbed site 172, not sure which vehicle is going. If it's the 4rnr I might nerd-out and bring the telescope, then I could justify buying more tech gear. Problem is it's so close to a full moon it's hard to see with the bright spotlight in the sky.

Tried to reserve 171 for both nights but website won't let me reserve because it won't accept my SSN...guess we'll just be poaching for the weekend...bringing all 3 boys, should he fun!

Tried to reserve 171 for both nights but website won't let me reserve because it won't accept my SSN...guess we'll just be poaching for the weekend...bringing all 3 boys, should he fun!
They have a drop box at the beginning of the park, will just bring cash

I had the same problem with reserve America. Went through the KDWP website and had no issues.

Turns out my mom is having a birthday that day AND it’s a Saturday so I guess we’ll be celebrating. Really needed a weekend away, but I guess that will need to wait. Send foo off with a proper goodbye!

Looks like the weather will be amazing this weekend. Friday there may be some raindrops..... Sounds like several of us are trying to leave town about 3 PM on Friday night. My departure time totally depends on when the new owners can get to town and we get loaded up; however, we will be there Friday evening. I’m bringing Utah, the FJ 40. Look forward to seeing everyone.

E94F5E3B-F922-4BAE-99D5-400A9E8DC6AB.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom