Wheeler Lake July 19, 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I plan on going Friday after work and will meet you guys either at a near by town or the trail head. Mr. Moose can pick a time to leave and we will make it work. If it's later that's fine that will give us time to pack up camp from the night before. If for some reason we don't go Friday night we will convoy with you. I hope my test run this weekend goes good so I can make it. I will let you know. Blazefighter I wasn't sure if your going for sure and camping or not so I put the question mark up there. I am just assuming you want to go through woodland park to get there so let me know if you want to go,a different route. Can't wait to camp again.

Matt, if you need any help wrenching to correct any issues after this weekend just let me know. Have all next week off.

As for a leave time on Saturday, thinking something 10 or after. I'm open to any time, but would rather not be up super early!

I'll try my best to go up Friday after work. It would be probably just me and the boys. Melissa is getting just a little too pregnant to go out with us:)
I want to make it out camping at least one more time before the baby comes.

Travis, i know you couldn't make it out to the San Juans but you should just load up the kiddos and come camping at Wheeler instead!

Matt, if you need any help wrenching to correct any issues after this weekend just let me know. Have all next week off.

As for a leave time on Saturday, thinking something 10 or after. I'm open to any time, but would rather not be up super early!

Thanks, if I need some help I will holler. I am thinking it should be alright though. If you leave here at 10 what time does that put you at the trail head so we can be there? So do you think you would be at the woodland park western at 10 or later or are you thinking of taking a different way there? I know lots of questions. Just trying to get it nailed down.

I'll try my best to go up Friday after work. It would be probably just me and the boys. Melissa is getting just a little too pregnant to go out with us:)
I want to make it out camping at least one more time before the baby comes.

I remember when the wife was close to popping. Those are hard times for dads.

Well since there's no return trip that night, there's no need to rush. My thoughts anyways.
Figure 2 hrs to trailhead puts is there about noon or so.

I ran it a couple of years ago in August and I wouldn't say it was an incredibly popular trail. And bowling ball hill isn't even that hard. It's just annoying bouncing around on those stupid rocks.

If you want to get on the trail earlier, just set a time you want me at the trail head. We can make it.

I can't make it, I was just giving a bit of heads up is all. Maybe leaving later would be better.

The comment about the bowling ball hill is an inside joke from that trip, written up in the old report.

Last edited:
What are you're thoughts on the weather? Showing storms up in Alma/Breck for the next week.

They will probably be in the afternoon I would think. I would just want to be up there and have the tent set up before it start to rain. I may end up sleeping in the car. I hope not though.

I'll check the weather closer to. If it looks like its gonna be nasty during the night, we may just make a day run out of it.

Any thought given to meet up time at trail head?

I may put the doors on and only make a day trip out of it as well if it's not going to be good. I will have to shoot from the hip on this until the day before or of. I say we try and make the trail head by 11 so leave at 9 if it only takes 2 hours to get to the trail head. Let me know so I can change the time at the beginning of the thread. Is that how long it takes from the western in woodland park then?

Huh, my weather is saying its going to be mid 70s with only a 20% chance of rain. Hoping to still camp

Were you planning on going up Friday or Saturday if you camp Matt?

I would say weather will be 65-70 and a 50% chance of a afternoon thunderstorm. That's pretty much how it is all summer around here. Last few days have been dry. I would join up with you guys, but I am going to be out of state this weekend. Have fun.

I'll get you a weather forecast if I can break away from radar duty and actually look at the upcoming weather. I've been dealing with the severe weather and flooding...keeping us busy though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom