Wheel Locks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I went to install new brakes on the rig last night and I could not for the life of me find the jig I need to remove the wheel locks? Now what, anyone have any brilliant sugge
stions?

Scott, you've got a couple of options. If they are Toyota's wheel locks you can pick up a new master key socket at the dealership. If they are aftermarket ones then go to a tire shop, they have a tool that can spin them off. You will however need to replace them with stock lug nuts or buy another set of wheel locks.

S
cott, you've got a couple of options. If they are Toyota's wheel locks you can pick up a new master key socket at the dealership. If they are aftermarket ones then go to a tire shop, they have a tool that can spin them off. You will however need to replace them with stock lug nuts or buy another set of wheel locks.

Thanks Tare. Cant remember where i bought them, oh well.

Vise grips

No chance of that working with the lug being deeply inset or recessed.

You have two options as I see it:
Grenade!
or
Tear out your entire interior until you find it!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD App

2 hours, no where to be found. I would have used a grenade had I owned one after the two hours. :mad:

I am heading to a tire store this morning to see if they can spin them of like Tare suggested.

Last edited:
Seriously that will work? Never thought you would be able get enough grip with them to untorque (even a word?) a lug nut, go figure.

It has worked, but will not in this scenario due to the depth of the lugs into the wheel.

Giulitto said:
It has worked, but will not in this scenario due to the depth of the lugs into the wheel.

Hammered a 19mm socket on the locks and presto. My wheel locks are saved, just in case I find the jig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom