What's your Ironman 4x4 bumper experience? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@gzahnd My experience has been that the price point is fantastic. the Pre-sales support from @CMiller @O Ironman was great. Free shipping and no tax was even better.

On the downside, the bumper can with instructions that were super vague. The instructions that it came with were wholly different from the ones posted online. Truthfully, I used a combination of the two PLUS I watched the ARB install videos and followed along with the ARB Deluxe instructions. ARB gives you specific spacing from bumper to body, torque specs, technique for installing a support nut in the frame rail, etc. None of that is in the ironman install guide. Honestly, I followed more the ARB instructions than the Ironman ones. They are very very close in steps (and design).
Also, post sales support, although nice talking to John, didnt do anything to resolve a problem nor did he even send any of the install specs that I asked for. My last email still goes unanswered (dont worry Ironman- I figured it out in the ARB instructions).
I liked that they give you lights with the bumper. I disliked that they were missing screws to mount them to the bumper on one side. They also give you a fog light panel switch and the whole fused wire harness that runs from bumper to dash. Having lights preinstalled looks much better than running blank panels in the light housings.
I liked that they padded the heck out of the bumper and winch cradle for shipping on the pallet. I disliked that they padded and wrapped scratched kit. I guess they didnt want it to get more scratched in shipping?!
Its definitely a stout bumper, especially the larger hoop diameter of the Premium version. The tube diameter of the grille guard is larger than my ARB rear tire swingout tubing and larger than my whiteknuckle sliders tubing diameter. It still looks proportional all together.
All in all, it'll be fine. I'll still take it down to the ranch and move hay bales with it. It'll be fine for just about everything that I'd need it to do and I'll never notice the difference between bumper brands from a utility standpoint. Now, If I would have paid 2x for an ARB, then I would have been nit picky ;).

I will share shortly. I have one for my LX on the way. Pleasant to speak with and we will see. I wouldn’t say the communication was perfect and shipping was not free. They said they would include and item, so we will see what lands here.

I am considering rather than cutting the bumper making some

Mine is an 09, wonder if I could mold Kydex ??

Any thing for the 2011 Lx570? Would the LC premium bumper fit?
I would like to know if the premium bumper fit 2014 LX570 as well.
I will share shortly. I have one for my LX on the way. Pleasant to speak with and we will see. I wouldn’t say the communication was perfect and shipping was not free. They said they would include and item, so we will see what lands here.

I am considering rather than cutting the bumper making some

I think some opinions are that part-out oem bumpers come cheap if you botch the cut job. I won't take credit, but I just picked up a 2011 LX with Ironman bumper installed. I can take any pics that you'd like -- prior owner did a pretty good job and I may get under there to adjust (and possibly add a winch).

I also went ahead and ordered the ARB front camera relocation kit; didn't find any 100% confirm that the kit will work for the 2011 LX (vice 2013+ LC), but willing to give it a shot for easy plug/play.

@gzahnd My experience has been that the price point is fantastic. the Pre-sales support from @CMiller @O Ironman was great. Free shipping and no tax was even better.

On the downside, the bumper can with instructions that were super vague. The instructions that it came with were wholly different from the ones posted online. Truthfully, I used a combination of the two PLUS I watched the ARB install videos and followed along with the ARB Deluxe instructions. ARB gives you specific spacing from bumper to body, torque specs, technique for installing a support nut in the frame rail, etc. None of that is in the ironman install guide. Honestly, I followed more the ARB instructions than the Ironman ones. They are very very close in steps (and design).
Also, post sales support, although nice talking to John, didnt do anything to resolve a problem nor did he even send any of the install specs that I asked for. My last email still goes unanswered (dont worry Ironman- I figured it out in the ARB instructions).
I liked that they give you lights with the bumper. I disliked that they were missing screws to mount them to the bumper on one side. They also give you a fog light panel switch and the whole fused wire harness that runs from bumper to dash. Having lights preinstalled looks much better than running blank panels in the light housings.
I liked that they padded the heck out of the bumper and winch cradle for shipping on the pallet. I disliked that they padded and wrapped scratched kit. I guess they didnt want it to get more scratched in shipping?!
Its definitely a stout bumper, especially the larger hoop diameter of the Premium version. The tube diameter of the grille guard is larger than my ARB rear tire swingout tubing and larger than my whiteknuckle sliders tubing diameter. It still looks proportional all together.
All in all, it'll be fine. I'll still take it down to the ranch and move hay bales with it. It'll be fine for just about everything that I'd need it to do and I'll never notice the difference between bumper brands from a utility standpoint. Now, If I would have paid 2x for an ARB, then I would have been nit picky ;).

Hi marketShark, Thank you for the feedback! This only helps us get better and provide a better customer service experience for our customers. I would like to take care of you because you had a frustrating experience. Could you please PM me your original order number? Thanks and I know we can do better next time.

How does the bumper impact the camera view? That’s one of the reasons I went Ironman vs ARB looks like the ARB sticks out farther. My main purpose is animal strikes. I have come too close a couple times. I showed the wife a GX with a bumper and she commented “ looks like you guys want fancy cars not to look fancy”.

Note on the shipping it is not free to your house, or wasn’t in my case. I was told that their would be upgraded fog lights to help adjust for the shipping $. I anticipate a good product as I passed on an ARB for a few hundred more.

@speyrod I have access to a truck and picked the bumper up at the freight terminal. I was advised that delivery from the freight terminal to my house might incur an additional charge from the freight company. FYI The pallet is 7’ long and 40” wide. Fits perfectly in my FJ45 LPB bed. You could potentially remove the bumper from the pallet and fold all your seats down (including front passenger). But be careful, it’s very heavy.

And I legit laughed out loud at your wife’s comment about fancy cars not looking fancy!

3849D480-49D5-4C28-971A-A7ABA0FEA81A.jpeg

Hi marketShark, Thank you for the feedback! This only helps us get better and provide a better customer service experience for our customers. I would like to take care of you because you had a frustrating experience. Could you please PM me your original order number? Thanks and I know we can do better next time.

PM sent

How does the bumper impact the camera view? That’s one of the reasons I went Ironman vs ARB looks like the ARB sticks out farther. My main purpose is animal strikes. I have come too close a couple times. I showed the wife a GX with a bumper and she commented “ looks like you guys want fancy cars not to look fancy”.

Note on the shipping it is not free to your house, or wasn’t in my case. I was told that their would be upgraded fog lights to help adjust for the shipping $. I anticipate a good product as I passed on an ARB for a few hundred more.

I'll take a picture of what the camera captures with the bumper installed. I think that regardless of the bumper you select, the view of the factory camera will be marginalized.

I moved my camera forward by cutting/splicing four wires. You can use home security 4-22 cable to do so. A simple angle bracket and vertical spacers to clear license plate.

7BD15C29-F26C-402D-AE75-823A82F61FC5.jpeg

I’m so torn on all the bumper options—- I LOVE the look and quality of some of the USA made products from Slee and Dissent, but that price point for a stout unit from IronMan tugs at me ....
I have the Ironman snorkel and Foam Cell Pro lift, and while they are good, the snorkel template was way off and the top whistled-with no good fix from IronMan- although they were very sorry and understood- it’s now wrapped in electrical tape.
I’m leaning hard toward Dissent, just not sure which one, and needing to get past the price point. Not bitching, I just need to get myself
to truly grapple paying top dollar for incredible quality.

Very happy with my IM bumper and 12 k winch. No major incidents to speak of but it works, looks good and price point was very good for what you get. I would rebuy without hesitation.

Here are some front end pics for those needing them.

20200327_183811.jpg

20200327_182325.jpg

20200327_181812.jpg

Just installed mine. Instructions of the type “attach the cradle with the hardware provided” and bag of bolts, is the biggest detractor of this product so far. I hope that the person that wrote those instructions had a dentist using similar level of instruction. Completely useless. I have an open ticket with Ironman now for a week trying to get some semblance of an answer on wiring of the marker / turn signal lights. In the end, after ton of frustration and a full day (not 3 hours), the bumper is on and looks great though, sans the lights. And seems well build. Installation, instructions and wiring ... beyond sad attempt. (From what I am hearing here, that’s sadly par for the course for all of the companies building bumpers.)

My guess is they are simply hoping customers will figure it out and eventually post instruction for others.

so ...sum up. Great looking. Fits well and doesn’t stick out as much as the huge ARB. Seems pretty well built. Instruction and installation hardware is a dumpster fire mess.

75EBCD60-42D6-40BE-B23F-E2D76AF5773D.jpeg

D3DF9837-6532-4E53-998F-52E1F2938B39.jpeg
C71CDB40-7E8C-4235-98FB-D5DA8A9DDB24.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks great. Any tips on wiring the marker lights?

Have no clue what to do with those damn things.
I need to look again but if i remember correctly those are tied into the daytime running lights. I had a buddy do the wiring.

@Jiri Did you figure out the wiring of the marker / turn signal lights? I just finished putting on the same IM bumper for my 16’ and I totally agree with your inputs. Please share how the wiring goes... thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom