What's the solution for an NLA 3FE throttle control cable? PN: (78410-90A08) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I overhauled the TPS on my 3FE, I found some cable housing damage to the throttle control cable housing. When this area would kink, it would cause a variable throttle modulation, since the inner cable was pinched. I was able to bend the housing back a little and reposition it to allow normal usage. It seems to be working fine for now, but I'm looking at attempting to replace it. In this picture, you can see the slight break in the housing just where it joins the adjustable end. There's still some sheathing metal intact on the other side, so it's not flopping around, but it'll go eventually.

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

I ordered what I thought was the replacement throttle cable, only to get a replacement kickdown cable (not the worst mishap since I'll need that one day too).

Based on this thread: FJ62 Throttle Cables - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj62-throttle-cables.910540/The throttle control cable (78410-90A08), that runs to the gas pedal through the firewall, is NLA. NLA = SOL?

Are there any good ways to repair the housing? Maybe take the damaged section out and mount the adjustable tip on a clean cut further down? Are there any aftermarket solutions for the throttle control cable? I haven't been able to find an aftermarket fit yet and most searches by term end up with the kickdown cable since it's named so similarly.

Last edited:
There’s a thread showing how to mod the 91/92 80 series cable for a 62. It’s here. Search for it

Yes. I have the Pioneer cable in mine since like 2017 and it is holding up just fine. They are nice quality. We install several on customer FJ62’s. And mine is even bent in a crazy S shape for my LS swap.

Yes. I have the Pioneer cable in mine since like 2017 and it is holding up just fine. They are nice quality. We install several on customer FJ62’s. And mine is even bent in a crazy S shape for my LS swap.
That sounds like a good review to me! Thanks for dealing with my lack of search skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom