Whatchu Workin' On? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have suggestions for how to trouble-shoot a vacuum actuator on an early FJ40 transfer case? A friend has a '67, three-speed, with a vacuum operated one-piece transfer case. Locked front hubs, shifted to 4x4, but no front drive.

Hey guys - temps are going to be in the 50s on Saturday! Anybody want to come by and help me set some trusses? Beer* & pizza!

*no beer until we're off the ladders

Update on the repair: I am hoping to finish it up tomorrow with the help of a friend. The only tip I have for Kyle in the breakdown is that unless you are doing the rear main... No need to drop the bell. If I learn anything new in the reinstall I will let you know. But right now all I can say is that this was more difficult than I anticipated.

Can't wait to get it on the road... Jonesing a bit

BTW, I would like to hit some trails with y'all this spring... If you don't mind me tagging along in Jeep.

Update on the repair: I am hoping to finish it up tomorrow with the help of a friend. The only tip I have for Kyle in the breakdown is that unless you are doing the rear main... No need to drop the bell. If I learn anything new in the reinstall I will let you know. But right now all I can say is that this was more difficult than I anticipated.

Can't wait to get it on the road... Jonesing a bit

BTW, I would like to hit some trails with y'all this spring... If you don't mind me tagging along in Jeep.

That's no problem, I tag along in my Jeep all the time.:D

Project "Blue-J" finally sporting his moniker. :cool:
image.jpg

well, blew out the carb today...good stream of air through it, so I am pretty sure there are no clogged jets. Fuel is getting to the carb. Could it be bad fuel? Its been in there since late summer, but I've had this problem since Sept, so not sure that is the issue. In other news, got the clutch kit ordered. $227 from Cruiser Outfitters with Japanese parts, so not bad.
The other issues...brake lights aren't working any more...I can hear the switch clicking, just no light. Still no turn signals. Both issues may be related to the hazard switch. Hopefully the new reverse switch I got will stop the issue with blowing fuses. Good times...

Just finished interior lights, stock 100 vs pfran led's. 2 of the middle map lights aren't working yet and I have the red bulbs in the front maps, crazy to think it could be brighter.

IMG_20160316_204733653.jpg

Just finished interior lights, stock 100 vs pfran led's. 2 of the middle map lights aren't working yet and I have the red bulbs in the front maps, crazy to think it could be brighter.

View attachment 1226255

Wow those puppies are bright! I'm convinced, just ordered some myself. Hopefully I can throw up some pictures of my 100 sans running boards after this weekend.

View attachment 1226255

holy cr@p!! Thats awesome. I like the idea of red LED's in the front. I have white LED's in mine, and if you turn them on while driving, it definitely wipes out your field of vision to the outside.

removed the 4" ALCAN rear springs; installed 2.5" OME springs and new bushings to match the front ride height. Now the excessive "rake" is gone; will even-out when the new springs eventually settle.

Had the FJ60 on "The Banks" trail north of Canon City yesterday. When I got home found both front sway bar end links were broken. Trying to decide whether to use hardware store AOC (any old crap) grade threaded rod or order some high strength stuff.

Interesting trip - I was unsuccessfully trying to recover a Honda CRX full length high centered with a blown tire with the right side dangling over the edge of the canyon. Then a group of nine vehicles from CoS came along. They put a winch line on his uphill side and I pulled from the front and we him out.

As we got to The Bank parking lot two guys from here stopped me and we had a chat. They told me it was nice to see a vintage Cruiser leading nine jeeps. Damned if I can remember their names.

Fun trip, busted links and all.

Had the FJ60 on "The Banks" trail north of Canon City yesterday. When I got home found both front sway bar end links were broken. Trying to decide whether to use hardware store AOC (any old crap) grade threaded rod or order some high strength stuff.

Interesting trip - I was unsuccessfully trying to recover a Honda CRX full length high centered with a blown tire with the right side dangling over the edge of the canyon. Then a group of nine vehicles from CoS came along. They put a winch line on his uphill side and I pulled from the front and we him out.

As we got to The Bank parking lot two guys from here stopped me and we had a chat. They told me it was nice to see a vintage Cruiser leading nine jeeps. Damned if I can remember their names.

Fun trip, busted links and all.

I talked to you Sunday. Name is Luke. Seeing that rig come down the trail was awesome, sure as heck doesn't sound like a 2F engine. :cool:

I would have loved to have seen that CRV stuck, he was so proud on the way out. We were there because we went to run eagle rock, but couldn't get there because gold camp road is washed out and closed. Ended up running the entire south end loop of the bank, beautiful out there.

Guys -
Wanted to propose a "wrenching party" in the next couple of weeks. I have all of the parts to replace my oil pump gasket but could really use a couple of extra hands, eyes, and possibly tools to get the job done. I will provide the "wrenching fluid" and food for anyone who wants to come by. Thinking Saturday April 2nds - start around 1000? Please send me a text if you are interested and I will send you my address. 785-375-9136.

Guys -
Wanted to propose a "wrenching party" in the next couple of weeks. I have all of the parts to replace my oil pump gasket but could really use a couple of extra hands, eyes, and possibly tools to get the job done. I will provide the "wrenching fluid" and food for anyone who wants to come by. Thinking Saturday April 2nds - start around 1000? Please send me a text if you are interested and I will send you my address. 785-375-9136.
I am always down for a wrenching party.

Finally got new tires, still need to pull those step rails, hopefully tomorrow.

IMG_3703.JPG

Finally got around to installing the electronic ignition conversion kit in the Fj40 today. Turns out, it was the distributor causing the running problems. That cleared things up and its back to running and driving. That kit was easy to install...about 20 minutes. I still need to get the clutch replaced, that will be coming up next week. But at least its running and driving again!

Finally got around to installing the electronic ignition conversion kit in the Fj40 today. Turns out, it was the distributor causing the running problems. That cleared things up and its back to running and driving. That kit was easy to install...about 20 minutes. I still need to get the clutch replaced, that will be coming up next week. But at least its running and driving again!
Glad you got the electrical gremlin worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom