What tires would you recomend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RredFJ40 said:
I don't think I've heard anyone say that before. Why do MTR's suck?

If you get any snow driving stay away from the BFG MT, I've never had a good snow experience with them, AT's are awesome though. I also had a set of the Bridgestone Duelers on my 62, I got rid of those quick, they were awful in the snow. Don't know if they were the Revo's or not.

Where I live (chicago) mtrs are asking for trouble, they may say "mud terrain" on the side wall, but then again Jeeps are "trail rated" :flipoff2: they cant do mud
there was a discussion about this on a local forum and even I was surprised with how much people hate them here. Around here the only main stream tire that has proven themselves to me is the bfg and swampers.
As for pro comps. they are more expensive so I dont bother, plus I have a set of pro comp shocks and they suck. jack of all trades, master of none!

sl33py said:
ok be gentle -

what about the ProComp xterrains? look nice - but never had anyone i know drive them.

rob

Nothing but complaints around here from frequent punctures, and they are downright dangerous in the snow- that tread pattern tends to want to pull the truck sideways, and that's an interesting thing when all you have is a 500ft dropoff next to you. Their good quality (one) is they seem to do ok in muddy climbs. They're a good example of you get what you pay for.

Hopefully they're redesigning.

Anyone have experience with Pirelli Scorpion AT's?

eshelbyk said:
Nothing but complaints around here from frequent punctures, and they are downright dangerous in the snow- that tread pattern tends to want to pull the truck sideways, and that's an interesting thing when all you have is a 500ft dropoff next to you. Their good quality (one) is they seem to do ok in muddy climbs. They're a good example of you get what you pay for.

Hopefully they're redesigning.

Ken thanks for the info. yeah, sliding sideways sounds bad. I will keep looking - no rush anyway.

rob

another vote for the 33x10.5. I have a set of them and really like them for the most part.

Damn it feels weird to be posting in 60 Tech and not CC...

4rnr said:
Where I live (chicago) mtrs are asking for trouble, they may say "mud terrain" on the side wall, but then again Jeeps are "trail rated" :flipoff2: they cant do mud
there was a discussion about this on a local forum and even I was surprised with how much people hate them here. Around here the only main stream tire that has proven themselves to me is the bfg and swampers.
As for pro comps. they are more expensive so I dont bother, plus I have a set of pro comp shocks and they suck. jack of all trades, master of none!

Is too radical say's MTR's sucks .. ir a MT tire .. ? wel so so, I live in Panama, a lots of real and heavy mud, the MTR's are really but really bad in the mud, less then any other MT tire.

In MT category ( not swamper, irocks, boggers ) General are the best for me, but I can't find an a General Grabber in 37", and I love use mi HJ-60 on the road, for long travels, and in this, MTR's are good, maybe not the best, but good.

In the other hand I mean, Creppy Crawler of maxxis has an 38" X13.5 option, that maybe comes as my future option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom