What shovel should I buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the Fiskars one as well. I bought mine on ebay since it was the only way I could get one shipped into Canada. The blade has a really nice step for pushing it into the dirt, and it has a great oversized d-shaped handle. I use it when traveling in my fj80. My fj cruiser is way to pretty to have a ugly shovel mounted to it ;)

Crovel

I remember seeing the Crovel ^^^^ on Nat Geo's "Doomsday Preppers" show. The shovel was still in development, but actually looked pretty useful as a multi-tool. Not what I would buy if I needed just a trail shovel IMHO, but it does have a place in maybe a bug-out bag. Not cheap @ $109, but build & material quality looks on the high end.

Thanks,
Blake

Corey needs to stop spending on all the cool camping toys and get something to replace that fugly couch ;)

Hi-Lift Jack HA-500 Handle-All Multi-Purpose Tool

1.jpg

I bought a "cool" short fiberglass handle shovel @ sears... :) No-one locally has anything similar.

Corey needs to stop spending on all the cool camping toys and get something to replace that fugly couch ;)
He he, that old couch went away last May.
I bought a nice one from MOR Furniture to make room for the guitar cabinet next to it.

1.jpg

The Nax

....ordered. Guess I won't be mounting this outside the vehicle now. :grinpimp:

Nlxtacy,

If you have the Crovel, you GOT to have the Nax! Comes from the same manufacture. And of course it has a bottle opener! :p

Nax.jpg

Garrett wade super penetration shovel. The shovel is heavy but bullet- proof. If you need to lever something heavy you're not going to snap it.

A year and a half later...

Ok, maybe a little too short. Over 5000 people have read your thread. They, like you are interested in shovel options. While you may have your shovel needs covered, some of these other folks have not. I read the thread myself to see what other options might work for me. Sorry I was a year and a half late to help with your search. Others may post to this thread as they find new things. I have a folding Swiss mil spec shovel that I keep under my seat. Didn't mention it before because I find it to be too small for most stuff. For someone else it may be the bomb.

Wow, that thing is expensive. I got the long handled fiscars one (based on this thread) the other day off amazon prime for $25. Lifetime warranty, but I can't see it breaking. Heaviest shovel ever, but it's awesome. I much prefer long handles for almost everything, though I may get a small e-tool of some sort for cases where I need to work in tight, like under the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom